Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kasima_gw

Need advice for repotting clivia

Kasima
9 years ago

My clivia was badly eaten by snails -- yes, the huge beautiful one. It needed separating anyway, but was hoping not to have to do it until fall. I lost lots of leaves, so there is exposed white leaf bottoms on all the sections. I have it all washed off and laying out to dry right now, because it was so wet for so long.

My plan is to repot the two larger divisions, which have two and three heads respectively, into 3 gallon pots, so they are still somewhat rootbound. I also have a baby I'm going to put into a 1 gallon pot for trading.

So here is my question: How long can I leave the divisions out to dry? Should I pot them without watering them at all for awhile, to allow them to dry out even further? The potting mix is moist, but not wet. I want to avoid having any futher snails on them, as I have already found one on a leaf even since I separated and washed them all off. I'm going to wash them once more before I pot them, to be sure I have all the debris out from inbetween the leaves that may be harboring more snails.

I'm so very sad about this plant almost being devoured by snails, but it's my own fault. I didn't clean out the debris from the tree it was sitting under for years, so it was a perfect nesting place for the snails and wood roaches.

Attaching pictures of the sections as they sit now.

Comments (3)