Return to the Florida Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rabbit Manure sources in Brooksville/Masarkytown

Posted by BrianDorry55 9 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 25, 13 at 14:21

Hey everyone...I am trying to create my combination of composts for Mel's Mix and I have heard great things about Rabbit manure on this board.

I am lucky enough to be in Spring Hill (first time I've ever said that in my life), which means that I have two direct sources of Rabbit Manure within a 15 minute drive of my house.

I have seen some of you mention the Craigslist source in Brooksville, for those of you that have used this source...how has your experience been?

The other source is in Masaryktown and they run a company called Rabbits, Etc. and "BestBuyWorms"...they sell a product called 100% composted worm manure which uses the Rabbit manure as a base compost.

I don't need two sources of Rabbit manure to build my Mel's Mix so I was wondering if anyone can recommend either of these sources based on their experiences.

Thank you!

- Brian

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rabbit Manure sources in Brooksville/Masarkytown

• Posted by tomncath St.Pete-Z10A-Heat 10 (My Page) on
    Sun, Jun 30, 13 at 6:13

The stuff I got was still really wet, maybe it all comes that way but I didn't need to use it all at once and would have preferred that it was dry.

Tom

o
RE: Rabbit Manure sources in Brooksville/Masarkytown

That was from the source in Brooksville right Tom? Would you have any concerns about using it that way?

Just an FYI there is a place in Masaryktown that sells composted worm manure than is pretty much worm casting manure made from their rabbit manure...I haven't picked any up yet but it looks like great stuff. $7.50 for 50 lbs. There place is called Rabbits Etc.

- Brian

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here