Return to the Florida Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
why i love plants.......off topic a bit

Posted by wallisadi deland (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 15, 12 at 17:47

Photobucket she was growing vodoo lily back when i was a kid, in Illinois! incredible pictures. bought a new device to turn your old slide pics to digital....works great! my granny!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: why i love plants.......off topic a bit

• Posted by katkin 9b/10a PSL,Fl (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 15, 12 at 18:45

How cool is that?? Wonderful granny. :o)

o

• Posted by whgille Oakland FL Zone 9B (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 15, 12 at 19:39

M...it is so nice to have memories of a wonderful time with your Grandma, good for you!

I remember gardening when I was a child with my aunt, her place was magical! and she made everything looked so easy, fruit trees, flowers, rare Amazon orchids, roses, etc, and everything was taken care off and perfect. Of course we had a weather like spring year round and good volcanic soil.:)

Silvia

o

Mark,
I'm curious about the device...I have literally thousands of slides of my late husbands paintings and everyone tells me I should "digitize" them. Since I'm hopeless with technology, I've been reluctant. Can you tell me what you got and how easy was it to do?
Great pic of Grandma!
Thanks,
Hester

o

OHMYGOSH! Is that a Hoosier cabinet behind your Granny? Those things are worth hundreds of dollars these days! MY grandmother had one, but it wasn't painted. That and a wood burning cook stove were the main appliances in her kitchen. cora

o

Oh, I just love her! I bet she could cook, too. I love old people - full of wisdom and experience and great stories. Wonderful that she passed on her love of gardening ... and obviously some excellent gardening skills, too!

Carol

o

Isn't it funny how you can inherit a love for growing things? I was born with it....from digging up that first wild morning glory to spending my allowance on a pack of tomato seeds...even without a role model. I can't imagine what my green thumb would have looked like had I had a role model like your grandma! And you prove my point by posting the most incredible flower photos again and again and again. OMG am I jealous of some people! You are an incredibly lucky guy!

o

Lovely photo! Reminds me of my grandma & her kitchen as well = )

& the slide scanners are so cool - my son has 1 & maybe 1 day will let me borrow it. I think they start @ 60$ & on up....

o

hester, it. inovative technology film and slide converter. got it at khols, upc #893811 002536. works great! same here, hundreds of slides, very easy to use. have spread old memories to all my family. i was probably ten or so when i shot that picture....love it!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here