Return to the Florida Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
This is Raindiculous

Posted by love_the_yard z9A Jax FL (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 26, 12 at 18:52

I got 8 inches yesterday, 3 inches so far today and it is still coming down cats and dogs now. Just raindiculous. I haven't been able to assess the yard any more than to observe that I have 6-12" of standing water all the way around the house.

Drown Rat in Jax

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: This is Raindiculous

• Posted by tomncath St.Pete-Z10A-Heat 10 (My Page) on
    Tue, Jun 26, 12 at 19:13

Carol, you're 24-36 hours behind us...just found some roof leaks in my 16 year old 25 year shingles :-(

Tom

o

Tom, I know, I know! I got another inch since posting the first message! (And I have a leak, too! UGH!!!!)

Carol

o

You poor guys up in N. Fl. are really getting it bad! If we get a shower now it is here and gone in about a min. How are your winds up there? They have been running about 25 to 35 MPH here.

o

Wed, Jun 27, 12 at 6:09

At it's worst for me winds were 40-50 gusting to 60, but tornados were popping up all around....

o

• Posted by whgille Oakland FL Zone 9B (My Page) on
    Wed, Jun 27, 12 at 8:02

Carol - I hope that you are doing fine this morning, we are all getting soaked...

Silvia

o

It's stopped raining here in Sarasota and I just took a quick walk around - yikes, lots of cleanup to do. More rain here than reported - at least 7 inches.
Let's hope this is it for awhile.
Water came through my living room ceiling - a very bad leak and of course, the roofers are all backed up with work. Luckily, they came and tarped the roof so I'm ok now. But big repairs needed. So I'm with you, Carol and Tom - not happy.
Bolivan sunflowers are all broken - drat, they were so pretty.
Hope all your plants survived!
Hester

o

Wed, Jun 27, 12 at 20:36

You too Hester, sorry about your roof. I feel very fortunate it was just a few rusted nails, think I'm fixed and good to go...I may just get 20 years out of my 25 year shingles :-) :-(

Tom

o

I can't imagine the amount of rain you guys up North have had, because we've been deluged down here in Ft Lauderdale/Davie area. The water retention basin was up over her banks, first we've seen, but we only moved in the end of February.

It's a shame so many are dealing with roof leaks right now. It's really discouraging at the beginning of the storm season too, while waiting one's turn for the roofers to get to your damage. (I'm actually so glad we moved from the last house before the TS rains, as the roof was already leaky).

And now a word to you anxious wannabe roofers - stay down off those ladders and don't get hurt! Let the younguns/pros take care of that. We want you all here and in good shape for the Summer gardening season!

girlsaylor

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here