o
RE: dragon fruit

• Posted by whgille Oakland FL Zone 9B (My Page) on
    Wed, Jul 10, 13 at 13:58

Beautiful setting and bloom!

Silvia

o

Oh! I didn't know it was a night blooming one. I thought it had a fruit. Someone send me one as a bonus. Not the right zone here. Anyone want to trade something or it?

o

Thx Silvia ! Got a pkg in the mail today.......love it! Will fit right in with our decor.........! J signed me up on facebook, never went near it before, but found a treasure trove of nurseries and collectors of plants. Get a lot of good feedback......again.......thank you! M&J

o

• Posted by whgille Oakland FL Zone 9B (My Page) on
    Wed, Jul 10, 13 at 18:50

You are very welcome Mark, I am glad that you like it. The facebook thing with the nurseries and the collectors sounds very interesting, Judy knows you for sure. I guess that I will be learning from both of you in the future. I like the idea of being undercover,lol, but my girlfriends from school were looking for me and found me through Cheryl's facebook, I am glad that they did and maybe one day I can see them again.

Silvia

o

Mark - I see that you have your dragon fruit growing in a pot. Obviously, you bring it inside during the winter. Have you gotten any fruit from it? I grew 3 different varieties in the ground and only one flowered which never fruited. They are worth it just for the beautiful flowers.

o

Two varieties , both in pots and in the ground. Definitely protect in winter.

o

• Posted by katkin 9b/10a PSL,Fl (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 13, 13 at 18:27

I had two different types for several years in the veggie garden, and had them mounted on a 4x4 as recommended and they flowered, but never fruited. I finally took them out, though the flower was pretty. I have a small one in a pot, Curly Sue, and that fruits but it is very small.

o

My Dark Star is in full flower mode. 5 opened last night, 6-7 to open tonight, along with a couple on the Physical Graffiti and the Purple Haze.

DM

o

Incredible........one of the most interesting plants we have. Keep posting pics as they form and ripen......thx!

o

Hi, Is there such thing as a mini Dragon fruit??

I got a plant from wallisadi and it looked like dragon fruit but it is small but loaded with what looks like marble size DF.
I hope its edible cus I tated one LOL YEP! it taste like DF

o

Harvested 3 Dark Star from a previous flowering (yellow fins are from the camera flash). Large one was from the sunny side of the plant.
Tally from the flowering that started back about July 15, (fruit set from flowers) Dark Star 20 of 21, Physical Graffiti 3 of 3, Purple Haze 2 of 3, Vietnamese Jaina 1 of 1.

o

very cool plant!! love the pic of the bloom

o

Nice......someday! Thx!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here