Return to the Florida Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Butterflies

Posted by karalynn z9 FL, Inverness, Ci (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 8, 13 at 9:02

I had a lot of butterflies in my garden this weekend. Here are some of them.
Monarch

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Butterflies

• Posted by karalynn z9 FL, Inverness, Ci (My Page) on
    Mon, Jul 8, 13 at 9:08

Zebra Swallowtail

o

Mon, Jul 8, 13 at 9:10

gulf fritillary

o

Mon, Jul 8, 13 at 9:16

I believe this is a Painted Lady butterfly but feel free to correct me if I misidentified it!

o

• Posted by katkin 9b/10a PSL,Fl (My Page) on
    Mon, Jul 8, 13 at 9:31

Beautiful photos. I have a lot of zebra longwings. I forget what I am growing they love, but they are all over my garden.

o

My daughter had a moment this morning when we found a Gulf Frit fresh from its chrysallis.

o

Tue, Jul 9, 13 at 9:01

It is fun when you find a butterfly fresh out of it's chrysallis and can hold it for a while. What a great experiance for your daughter!

o

Beautiful photos. I never seem to have any Monarchs here. I recently planted some milkweed out in front flowerbed so hopefully some might show up.
I have plenty of gulf frits all over the yellow and purple passionfruit vines this year. Lots of GST on the citrus.
~Lyn

This post was edited by sultry_jasmine_night on Tue, Jul 9, 13 at 11:10

o

Love the pictures. I am especially impressed with the Zebra Swallowtail. They normally aren't that easy to photograph since they move around so much and so quickly. Also, they aren't found in many places in Florida.

o

Tue, Jul 9, 13 at 15:54

Tom, it's funny that you should mention that about the zebra swallowtail. That thing had me circling around it in the garden for several minutes while I tried to get a picture as it flitted from flower to flower. But then it settled down and sort of posed for a picture before taking off again. Maybe it got tired of being chased around! lol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here