Return to the Florida Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
FHIA 23 banana

Posted by tomncath St.Pete-Z10A-Heat 10 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 14, 12 at 9:33

Tina was by last night, told her I'd post a picture the year I grew this banana, most productive I've ever grown but my place is so small I just don't have room for them :-(

Tom

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: FHIA 23 banana

Wow! That's awesome! Too bad you don't have space for it. I think you're the one I got the dwarf cavendish from, at Lori's swap. It's doing really well and I plan to keep it in a container as long as possible :).

o

Actually, I think it was the other Tom now that I think about it...

o

That is one beautiful banana, Tom! I have never seen anyone grow a bunch that large.

o

That is one beautiful banana, Tom! I have never seen anyone grow a bunch that large.

o

• Posted by saldut 9-10 st pete, fl (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 14, 12 at 15:51

WOW! that is one fantastic bunch! Tina, and Tom, if you happen to have a spare 'pup', could I possibly put a leash on it and bring it home...to my back-yard,, next to the Ice Cream and the Ladyfinger ones already there..and yes, Tina I remember you offered me a pup and maybe I should take you up on it! I am so taken w/that stalk, I guess if Cal and the kids and I can't eat them all I can give some to the Staghorns! thanx, sally

o

Sat, Jul 14, 12 at 15:51

WOW! that is one fantastic bunch! Tina, and Tom, if you happen to have a spare 'pup', could I possibly put a leash on it and bring it home...to my back-yard,, next to the Ice Cream and the Ladyfinger ones already there..and yes, Tina I remember you offered me a pup and maybe I should take you up on it! I am so taken w/that stalk, I guess if Cal and the kids and I can't eat them all I can give some to the Staghorns! thanx, sally

o

Sat, Jul 14, 12 at 15:52

o

Wow! I never saw such a big bunch!

o

I'm thinking banana bread.....freeze them and make as you need it...

o

• Posted by rednofl 9b Goldenrod Fl hz (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 15, 12 at 6:47

Wow This year is the best I've had for bananas but nothing that productive. How tall does it normally get ? What is the taste like ? I have been very disappointed with my Ice Creams and I am looking to replace then.

o

• Posted by tomncath St.Pete-Z10A-Heat 10 (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 15, 12 at 8:23

Thanks folks, the bananas are long gone now, that was 4-5 years ago but that area was just too small for bananas. Small tree to 10', excellent tasting bananas, I highly recommend this variety if you want LOTS or great tasting nanners.

Tom

o

Hi Sally, I don't have this variety but I have a jamaican red, nam wah, raja puri, jamaican plantain, dwarf cavendish, double hanoi, medium cavendish, and one I have no idea it came from my brother in law and it was given to him. They will all have pups at sometime or another so just place your order.

Tina

o

Sun, Jul 15, 12 at 17:30

Thanx Tina, now I am in a dither, you'll have to sort it out for me, which is the best-tasting and all that...and yes, let me know when you do have a spare pup I'll place my order now and get in the waiting-line...sally

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here