Return to the Florida Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garden path done

Posted by karalynn z9 FL, Inverness, Ci (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 1, 13 at 11:47

I know that in order to let my arm heal I'm not supposed to do any heavy lifting but I had to get this garden path done. I have a down spout that drains into this area and the stone path doubles as a kind of dry stream bed. As I had removed all of the rocks that formed the old path the area was turning into a mud pit and since this is how I get to the hose bib I had to get the new path in place. Fortuneatly none of the rocks were too heavy and I was able to complete the path without causing any more damage to my elbow. I'm very pleased with the finished path!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garden path done

Looks lovely!

o

I'm telling your doctor!

o

Looks great! Love hardscapes, got enough plants, need to concentrate on it! Do the same thing here physically, push way beyond my limits.....but if it ends up that nice......:)

o

Very nice, I need to be inspired to do the same.

o

• Posted by karalynn z9 FL, Inverness, Ci (My Page) on
    Mon, Jul 1, 13 at 17:06

No need to bring my doctor into this! I promise this is the last project dealing with rocks I'll work on until after my elbow heals! lol

I love looking at well done hardscapes almost as much as I do the plants. While my garden has plenty of rock in it there is so much more I'd like to do, a pergola by the back door, a greenhouse, a hammock with mosquito netting under the big oak tree...dreaming things up is the easy part, finding the money and time to make them reality is more tricky!

o

nice job kara. a gardeners job is never done. I have a path way that needs to be tweeked/moved over about a foot or so but it involves about 15 to 20 feet of moving and refitting the flagstones. I'm not rushing into that job. However I will be much happier when it is done and it doesn't involve $$.

o

I love it! The rocks are so pretty. Sorry about the physical part! You're in abundant company on that. Your as-yet-fantasy projects sound great also. Hoping you heal well and soon!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here