Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
whgille

a visit to Rose Hall...

whgille
10 years ago

We had a great time in Jamaica. We took a tour of the grounds at the hotel and everything was blooming, hibiscus, bougainvilleas, heliconias, gingers,royal poinciana, etc, the way that they are planted very close makes them look great, sea grapes, mangoes, ackee, breadfruit, papayas, bananas were ready to eat.

We went for a visit to Rose Hall, she was known as the white witch/ vodoo queen. It is a gorgeous place and the views of the ocean are amazing! we took a nice tour to every single floor and room and paying attention to the story and how Annie killed her husbands and later she was killed by her slave lover. I have to come clean and tell you the truth here, we were there at 10am because I thought that if it is really hunted, we were better there during the day hours. I only heard the floors made noise when we were walking but nothing else, we took pictures inside and outside and the tour girl even sang a song from Johnny Cash about the witch.:)

The house

The entrance, Tom this vine would look nice in your arbor, I thought...

Annie's bedroom, take a good look and tell me what do you see? nothing has been touch up!

Silvia

Comments (11)

• whgille
    Original Author
    10 years ago

A view from outside Rose Hall

Silvia

• thonotorose
    10 years ago

Very cool tale. This needs to be made into a movie.

• katkin_gw
    10 years ago

Lovely photos. I'd love to visit there myself. Glad you had a good time. :o)

• whgille
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Veronica, they have a lot of material to be made into a movie, she was pretty and the place is fantastic! over 400 acres with ocean view. In the rooms upstairs the breeze felt real good.

Kathy, the place was very interesting. When I looked at the picture in Annie's bedroom, I could see some faces. I asked the butler to look at the picture and he opened up his eyes so big, he said that the people in the island are still scared of her. He said that some people showed him other pictures from a mirror where you could also see faces that were not in the room.

The entrance, the house sits high on the hill....

Silvia

• User
    10 years ago

I'd like it to be M&J's mansion! Very cool, have to get there! Boy you sure picked the right week, glad to hear you had a good time! Love to see some more pictures...........

• Carol love_the_yard (Zone 9A Jacksonville, FL)
    10 years ago

Silvia, that looks like it was a marvelous vacation! The mansion must have been so interesting to visit. What are the pink flowers on the road to the mansion?

I spent far too much time staring at your photo of the bedroom, waiting patiently to find out what was spooky. I'm glad you finally told us!

I can usually count on you to post some photos of delicious, mouth-watering plates of food from your vacation - are those still coming?!

Carol in Jacksonville

• tomncath
    10 years ago

Tom this vine would look nice in your arbor, I thought...

Blast from the past, I visited Rose Hall in 1973 ;-)

• whgille
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Mark, we took the grounds plantings tour and they keep it lush and with a lot of flowers but nothing special or rare, not like your garden. We knew almost all the names of the plants better than the groundskeeper,lol
    The soil is good and they still amend it, they spray at night for disease and bugs.

I like the grass growing on the rocks

Carol, they had a lot of Ixora plantings the big and the dwarf.

I didn't take any pictures of the dinners that I had, I liked them all! In the morning I always asked for breakfast in the room, the butler was the best! he would make mango smoothies for me and take it to the beach, prepare a bath with flowers, he even had root vegetables made into chips with pineapple salsa for snack because he found out that I enjoyed the island food.

Ellis, the butler. I like the wall decoration.

Here is the nude beach, we didn't go there of course,lol. We went at night for the Thai restaurant. We were at the other beach....

Tom, that is a long time ago, they have reading at night and they said that people got slapped at night, I know that I wouldn't go there at night.

Here is the tour guide who sang the Johnny Cash song for us

Silvia

• User
    10 years ago

We're going! Was planning Captiva again, but change in plans! Beautiful pics..........thx!

• vegasqueen
    10 years ago

Silvia thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures.. I always enjoy hearing about your vacations..

• whgille
    Original Author
    10 years ago

M, if you go there you and J are going to have a good time! every one is treated like royalty and the food is great. W put the review on TripAdvisor and he said that 1,500 people already saw it and of course he said the best because that was what we had.:)

Thank you Maxine, it is so much fun to go back there, they always say to us "welcome home!". Each time we go to a different one but they are all good, we got our silver sandals, next will be the gold ones and after that a free week....
    I brought some local seasoning, not jerk and is really good, so far I used it on chicken and burgers.

Silvia