Return to the Florida Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Paln ID

Posted by mikem8560 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 12, 14 at 13:22

after 4 years at my new house I have been wondering what this one palm is. its not a royal or a queen palm

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Paln ID

here is a closer look

o

bump

o

• Posted by tomncath USDA 10a, Heat 10, S (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 13, 14 at 14:31

Cocos plumosa (Queen palm).

o

Hi
That would be my guess also. Has it ever fruited ?? That's what separates the species gary

o

Definitely a Queen Palm, Syagrus romanzoffiana.

o

I had many wueens at my last house and planted 4 tall wueens here they all had have the long crond bases that fall off this odd tree although the frond to resembel wueens dose t have the long frond bases.

o

Mon, Jul 14, 14 at 19:35

Mike, are you okay? If I didn't know better I'd swear you're having/had a stroke.

Anybody here know this guy and have a way to contact him?

o

Tom, good for you for being concerned. I have noticed that many of Mike's previous posts were written in similar style... I think he may just not take the time to make corrections... note that even the subject has a typo. Maybe difficulties with his keyboard/keypad? See a sample of his previous posts linked below.

Carol in Jacksonville

Here is a link that might be useful: mikem8560's postings

o

Tue, Jul 15, 14 at 18:32

Well, I guess he's okay then, huh?

o

He's normal for Mike! Mike, we do love you. I hope you don't think we were making fun of you... I know Tom asked out of genuine concern... you are a valuable contributor to this forum... please come back.

Carol

o

sorry for the typos simply didn't see the W that should have been Q's'

actually I am a stroke survivor, 4 years nowl you should hear me speak :)

o

Well congratulations! That is awesome to hear! And you are gardening, too! Wishing you continued great health. :)

Carol

o

• Posted by tomncath St Pete Z10a Heat 10 (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 18, 14 at 6:28

That is great Mike, we've come a long way in the management of strokes. Caught early, quality of life really doesn't have to suffer....

Tom

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here