Return to the Florida Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Question for Wallisadi

Posted by karalynn z9 FL, Inverness, Ci (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 8, 13 at 13:22

I think this is a plant that I got from you at Silvia's party. As you can see it's doing great but I can't remember what it is. And do you know what the little round things growing off the leaf in the picture are?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Question for Wallisadi

I have several of these. I cannot remember the correct name, however, it is a cactus from Bolivia. The little round things growing at the edge of the leaves are seeds. You can either let them dry out and plant or smear on a piece of tree fern. It will stay a nice green color if you keep it in the shade or that red color if kept in the sun.

o

• Posted by karalynn z9 FL, Inverness, Ci (My Page) on
    Mon, Jul 8, 13 at 17:52

Seeds?! I didn't even get to see it bloom! Does it bloom at night?

o

I got some from wallisadi, too. If it's the same plant, it's Night Blooming Cereus. Mine has flowered a few times, but no seeds (that I saw). Here's a pic of mine:

This post was edited by shear_stupidity on Tue, Jul 9, 13 at 6:59

o

Karalynn: Your plant is pseudorhipsalis ramulosa - no surprise that some simply call it mistletoe cactus. - June

o

I have this vining succulent all over my greenhouse. It was traded to me as night blooming Cereus. Only my white-blooming one has flowered.

o

These two pictures are not the same plant.

o

Well, nevermind then. LOL!

o

• Posted by karalynn z9 FL, Inverness, Ci (My Page) on
    Tue, Jul 9, 13 at 8:27

Thank you, Juneroses, for the ID! No wonder I didn't notice the flowers, they're tiny!

o

OK, then I have mine mis-labeled - mine have fist-size blooms.

o

Mine do too, Kay. Fist-sized blooms on what is labeled "Night Blooming Cereus."

I nabbed this pic from the internet... Now I want to hang mine!

o

All of mine are hanging. I need to count and see how many I now have. A fellow gardener sent me five different ones several years ago and they just keep multiplying!

o

I need more places to hang plants. Seriously.

o

So you can get an idea of what mine look like, here's a shot inside my greenhouse:

o

Holy cow! Those are huge... and healthy!!! You sure DO have a lot! You're gonna run out of room soon... need another greenhouse. LOL!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here