Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardencraze

Tank You, Thank You Silvia!!!!!

gardencraze
10 years ago

Silvia, thank you so much for those amazing Avocados.
My family thanks you, my friends thank you and even my neighbor thanks you. (I shared)
They were delish!

I've plant 3 of your seed, they are about 3 ft high, lets see what happens
Happy Gardening,
Carmen

Comments (19)

• whgille
    10 years ago

Hi Carmen, you are very welcome! I am glad that you enjoyed the avocados, they are the best tasting ones. I would of picked more that day for you but remember that I found a lost dog on the trail and I was all busy? Well, we are adopting her and are going to pick her up today from the Animal Services since no one has claimed her. She is a sweetheart, a beagle, so now we have four dogs to care for.

Silvia

• katkin_gw
    10 years ago

Silvia, how good of you to adopt that dog!! My little boy is a rescue too. He is the best, but he's deaf. I taught him all hand signals. Hope she gives you years of joy.

• User
    10 years ago

3 dogs here, let's see a pic........

• whgille
    10 years ago

Kathy, we could not see her put to sleep this Friday, that is why we adopt her, she is a sweetheart, I am sure that I will be as happy as you with this adoption.

Mark, we love animals in this house and cannot see the suffering and abandonment that some have to endure, it is just so sad that the Animal Services get about 50 dogs daily and very little get adopted and they need the space on a daily basis.

Here is the picture of Lucy, we were going to name her Lucky but said it is better without the k and a happy name, they said that she is 5 but we think she is older than that, we will make sure that she is well taken care of. I have her in the office and will be introducing to the other pets one by one over the weekend.

Silvia

• gardencraze
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Silvia, you are amazing!!
    I can't even do '1' animal in my house I guess you have to be born with it.
    I would never hurt one, and if there was a need to help one I would.
    I use to have a dog 'Sandy' she was a sweet dog and I had a cat 'Kitty' very sweet also but once I lost them I could get myself to love again. I cried for months when I lost sandy

Carmen

• thetradition
    10 years ago

We have four dogs, too. They are "Cockaliers" (designer mutts - a cross between two pure-breed parents. Cockaliers are a cross between a Cocker Spaniel and a King Cavalier Spaniel).

Buddy (brown and white dog on the right) and Baby (black and white dog on the left) are first generation Cockaliers. We allowed them to breed and Boots (black and white dog in the back) and Bruiser (black dog in the front) are their children (second generation Cockaliers). The rest of the litter was adopted by friends and family and we have doggy-family get-togethers often.

Four dogs is a lot, but I love them and they bring me and my family great joy.

Here is a link that might be useful: More on designer mutts

• whgille
    10 years ago

Carmen, I know the pain of losing a beloved pet but we have to give a chance for a new one, it is a responsability also to give them a good life.

The Tradition, what a lovely pets you have! and the get togethers sound fantastic! All in my family also love pets, they are like children in the house and bring happiness.

Silvia

• thetradition
    10 years ago

We also have a cat. This is Riddick. Sleeping is what he does best. In fact, that's all he does except when it's time to be fed. Then, it's back to sleep, lol. He's almost more like a piece of furniture or a knick-knack that moves around once in a while.

• katkin_gw
    10 years ago

Carmen, I too know the feeling of loosing a beloved pet. That is the reason I got this new rescue. There was a hole in my heart and he filled it with love and joy.

• whgille
    10 years ago

The Tradition, that is good for you that Riddick (cool name) is easygoing, you need all the help you can get with the 4 dogs. Cats make good companions too and they are easy to care for.
    Next week I will be gardening with Lucy...

Kathy, I do remember your dog he was so cute and full of life. He was like a little fluff of joy. I am so glad to hear that your new pet is filling the void.

Silvia

• scents_from_heaven
    10 years ago

Sykvia, she is a darling and you are blessed to have her as part of your family as she is blessed to have you. Whenever you have a stray animal never take them to the animal shelter as they do kill them after so many days. Take them instead to the SPCA as they are a no kill facility. I know as I volunteer with ours here in Orange County. I did not adopt the babies I have as the original two were given to me by a GW member and the other three kinda were forced on me. The one who was suppose to be a girl turned out to be a boy so our family grew frim five to twelve. One of the kittens died at six weeks from a genetic issue but the other eleven are all healthy and the males neutered. Yes, they are all cats and all of their first names begin with the letter 'P'. I can not wait to meet Lucy in person. Linda

• whgille
    10 years ago

Linda, we did call the local no kill rescue but they said that they didn't take lost dogs, that was the reason that we called Orange County Animal Services and now she is happy and with us.
    It is so nice from you to volunteer, there is a lot of need for that and adoptions. I just found out from one of my neighbors that a lady that lives down the block bought a farm to adopt pets in need and she even has a vet to work with her. Next time that I find a lost pet, I will get in contact with her.

Silvia

• apapjim
    10 years ago

Nice looking dog Silvia. I like hounds of all kind. A few yrs on her is probably a good thing. A young Beagle has a LOT of energy. Our husky is less than two yrs old and she really give me a workout.

Papa Jim

• Carol love_the_yard (Zone 9A Jacksonville, FL)
    10 years ago

I just want to say that I love reading all of your stories and seeing pictures of all of your pets. It makes me want to go adopt soooo badly. I actually thought about doing it last night and had to talk myself down this morning, LOL. I just can't right now - life is too busy. I can't leave a dog in a laundry room all day. But I look forward to the day when the time is right again and I can have dog. I love all of your pets! Such cuties!

Carol in Jacksonville

• whgille
    10 years ago

Papa Jim, this the first time that I have a beagle kind of mix, all my pets are rescued and you have seen Nikki the ball player, she is older now and she still wants to play ball. Your last adopted dog is very cute!

Thank you Carol for all your nice words, I hope that when the conditions are right for you, you can adopt a pet, there is so much need, it just break my heart to see all the suffering in the Animal shelter, that place I cannot look because I want to adopt them all.

Silvia

• thetradition
    10 years ago

This is Peaches, daughter of Baby and Buddy. She was adopted by my sister-in-law who came to visit the other day. I think Peaches is absolutely gorgeous. However, she has a habit of peeing a little bit when she gets excited (and she gets excited quite often), so I'm glad she lives somewhere else.

• thetradition
    10 years ago

Another shot of Peaches. I had to tie her to the chair to get her to stand still for the picture. Like I said, she's excitable.

This post was edited by TheTradition on Thu, Aug 8, 13 at 13:03

• whgille
    10 years ago

Hi The Tradition

Peaches is beautiful! I hope that as she grows older she remembers her manners.:)

I am teaching Lucy life 101, how to walk on the trail besides me and when coming back I show her the house so she knows that this is her home now. And this week she also learn the pet door, and she goes in and goes out like a game. The bad part is that when she wants to cool down from the sun she goes under the hibiscus and I said no! and showed her the pet door again. She is really afraid of thunders and she goes under my bed to hide. I am starting her a new diet that includes vegetables, to her dog food I add sweet potatoes, green beans, carrots and some rice. Everything is going well and my other 3 dogs already accepted her in the house, she is very humble and sweet and that helps.

Silvia

• thetradition
    10 years ago

Yeah, dogs are naturally pack animals and enjoy each other's company once a new member of the pack is accepted.

Our dogs bark like crazy when a brother or sister comes by, but once they get a good smell of the sibling, all is well.