Return to the Florida Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Agastache aka Hyysop, Armeria aka Thrift, Campanuula

Posted by irma_stpete_home 9B (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 23, 14 at 13:45

Anyone have luck in FL with these plants that I see in Massachusetts?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Agastache aka Hyysop, Armeria aka Thrift, Campanuula

I have one in a pot that does well and is blooming now. It's the purple one that smells like anise.

o

• Posted by tomncath St Pete Z10a Heat 10 (My Page) on
    Thu, Jul 24, 14 at 9:40

I have little over a dozen in clay pots in a fast draining mix that seem to be doing fine right now but I've only had them for about six weeks. Some are blooming and some are not but I have them under the eve of the house since this is the rainy season and from what I've read they must be kept fairly dry - point being that they really are not getting direct sunlight, which they are supposed to prefer, especially for blooming. I'd sure like to hear about other folks experiences with this plant.

Tom

o

• Posted by tomncath St Pete Z10a Heat 10 (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 25, 14 at 7:31

I have one in a pot that does well and is blooming now. It's the purple one that smells like anise.

Any chance you could post a picture? I'd love to see it. What conditions are you growing it in? Sunlight? Exposure to rain? I ask because I'm a newbie to them and not certain if I need to continue to keep them dry or take a chance and move them into the garden.

Tom

o

I had one in well draining soil on a slight incline, it did very well until it got attacked by a weed wacker!

o

I assume you are all talking about the agastache. Thanks to your positive info, I will fly back with my 2 little Ags and the 2 others plus a thyme that I bought for the window of my dull dorm room for the week (singing, Bach, (2 other loves) - at Berkshire Choral Festival). Passing up the many beautiful daylilies in bloom here - my green thumb doesn't extend that far! And praying for rain for St. Pete!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here