Return to the Florida Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pine Straw in Brevard/Spacecoast/central FL

Posted by mangomara 9 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 25, 11 at 15:16

I'm looking for pine straw to use as mulch and nobody has it. Does anyone know a place in the Brevard area that sells pine straw bales?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pine Straw in Brevard/Spacecoast/central FL

I don't know if i can help you...but no one else is coming to the plate....so....
I'm seeing more independent nurseries that carry pine straw. None of the box stores. I know a couple of places that carry it now. I'd keep calling and keep asking for it.

o

I agree, call around or find someone with pine trees and rake them up for free. :)

o

The feed store in Sanford has it on occasion and the mulch place (Bolling Wood) always has it. That might give you some ideas for your area.

~dianne

o

• Posted by abnorm Central Florida (My Page) on
    Thu, Jul 28, 11 at 19:57

Over in Orlando....Hwy 50 near 436.....Sunrise Landscape has Pine straw...$5.50 a bale......407-249-7702

I was getting my Fines and asked today about Coastal Brevard County......

" Oh! that's a ways....I guess we could deliver it that far.....for a price !"

o

Thanks everyone, still haven't found it. I'll keep looking. :)

o

$5.50 sounds pricey to me. I'm paying about f 4 bucks for mine.

o

Whenever one of my kids gets in trouble I send them out to rake a bunch up (assuming pine straw and pine needles are the same thing?) :)

o

My mother in law lives in Rockledge. She has a big beautiful yard with lots of mature pine trees. She has lots of clean pine needles. She usually has barrels and barrels of it. She could probably use a few bucks, so i'm sure she'd part with all you want for $10. Thanks, Jon

o

I have seen it at various Lowes and HD but not all of them. If you see a trailer parked by the garden center it usually is full of pine straw.

o

C&H feed on Aurora in Melboune carries pine straw

Here is a link that might be useful: c&J Feed

o

You can find Pine Straw at Pine Straw of Central Florida in Winter Garden. They always have lots of fresh straw in stock and you can pick it up 7 days a week for $4.50 per bale. They also make deliverys. Email: PineStrawocf@aol.com Phone # 407-765-1414

Here is a link that might be useful: Pine Straw of central florida

This post was edited by gil1945 on Sun, Jan 11, 15 at 10:50

o

How about Pine Straw over Ft Myers way
I have been thinking to try this rather than the usual bagged mulch
seems more public gardens etc. use the straw as opposed to that bagged mucl we usually or at least I usually

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here