Return to the Florida Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pine Straw in Brevard/Spacecoast/central FL

Posted by mangomara 9 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 25, 11 at 15:16

I'm looking for pine straw to use as mulch and nobody has it. Does anyone know a place in the Brevard area that sells pine straw bales?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pine Straw in Brevard/Spacecoast/central FL

I don't know if i can help you...but no one else is coming to the plate....so....
I'm seeing more independent nurseries that carry pine straw. None of the box stores. I know a couple of places that carry it now. I'd keep calling and keep asking for it.

o

I agree, call around or find someone with pine trees and rake them up for free. :)

o

The feed store in Sanford has it on occasion and the mulch place (Bolling Wood) always has it. That might give you some ideas for your area.

~dianne

o

• Posted by abnorm Central Florida (My Page) on
    Thu, Jul 28, 11 at 19:57

Over in Orlando....Hwy 50 near 436.....Sunrise Landscape has Pine straw...$5.50 a bale......407-249-7702

I was getting my Fines and asked today about Coastal Brevard County......

" Oh! that's a ways....I guess we could deliver it that far.....for a price !"

o

Thanks everyone, still haven't found it. I'll keep looking. :)

o

$5.50 sounds pricey to me. I'm paying about f 4 bucks for mine.

o

Whenever one of my kids gets in trouble I send them out to rake a bunch up (assuming pine straw and pine needles are the same thing?) :)

o

My mother in law lives in Rockledge. She has a big beautiful yard with lots of mature pine trees. She has lots of clean pine needles. She usually has barrels and barrels of it. She could probably use a few bucks, so i'm sure she'd part with all you want for $10. Thanks, Jon

o

I have seen it at various Lowes and HD but not all of them. If you see a trailer parked by the garden center it usually is full of pine straw.

o

C&H feed on Aurora in Melboune carries pine straw

Here is a link that might be useful: c&J Feed

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here