Return to the Florida Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do you like to weed?

Posted by sweetmonkeycheese z9 Tampa (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 13, 14 at 15:37

I kinda like weeding, since I dont have much in way of a garden yet (slowly but surely) weeding gives me something to do in the garden that is cheap/free to do and gives instant results.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do you like to weed?

Sometimes I find it relaxing, as long as there's not too much, then it just seems hopeless and overwhelming. I've been known to resort to Roundup at those times. You're right about instant gratification.

o

It helps me vent sometimes and I know the plants appreciated it. Not have to share their water and food.

o

LOL, this reminds, yes it does feel like venting some days, every once in a while I really feel like... "Ha Ha I got those little F-ers"... now since the weeds are not truly out to get me I wonder who or what I have misplaced weeding rage against!

o

My 8' x 16' veggie plot has totally gone to weeds. Is it practical to think that I could just cover it with black plastic and let the hot Texas sun kill the weeds and weed seeds?
K

o

If you watered it first, covered with clear plastic, sealed with soil around the edges, waited six weeks, most of the weed seeds would be dead. Of course the ground would still need cultivating before planting. Al

o

If you really like it, you can come to my yard and pull some weeds. :)

I absolutely hate pulling weeds in the hot humid summer. The mosquitoes are everywhere and I feel like I'm going to die of heatstroke every time I go outside. Fire ants and creepy critters are hiding all around. Yuck.

o

I'm with Amberroses, you can come here and just Zen out all over the place. I have a bad back and a bad wrist, it's hell to weed. I have to kneel down on one of those kneeling benches, pull the suckers, then carefully get back up, move over, blah blah blah. Weeds are the devil's spawn.

o

My yard seems hopeless. I don't mind weeding, but it is soon overgrown again. I mind reweeding!

o

Hi
i like to refer to them as "wildflowers" Don't seem nearly as bad as weeds?? lol gary

o

I won't say I like it, but I do find it therapeudic. And it's not so much about ventint as just having quiet time to think on other things. With my sandhill soil, not many weeds are hard to pull. They never really become a burden, partly because every time I go out I pull a weed here or there and partly because I do not strive for perfection. But then, I started this whole gardening/landscaping thing for the therapy, both physical and mental and told myself back then not to get too hung up on things. Weeding isn't a chore that needs to be done so I can enjoy my garden, it is part of enjoying my garden.

o

The nice part about weeding is that is all I focus on. No problems and no pain.

o

love this - and it is how I feel, I am hoping it is not a newbie thing and I will always like to weed.

"Weeding isn't a chore that needs to be done so I can enjoy my garden, it is part of enjoying my garden."

o

Apparently so. I think I'm a "subtractive sculptor" - cannot create art from scratch, but can trim, shape, rearrange, (and weed) forever.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here