Return to the Florida Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
dancing dolphin

Posted by linda_leaf 10 FL (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 28, 12 at 15:58

This plant is a dancing dolphin. I didn't get a good angle, but it does look like a dolphin!
Linda Leaf

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: dancing dolphin

Linda, that looks like a Columnea plant - very nice. Where did you find yours? I'd love to have one!

o

Yes, Kay, it is a columnea. I found it at a local plant festival. This plant has been blooming non stop for 6 months. The other dancing dolphin I had only bloomed once in the Spring. I have another that has shiny leaves and orange flowers but they never open to the dolphin shape like this one. I love fun, interesting plants!
Linda Leaf

o

very neat,love the color!

o

• Posted by tomncath St.Pete-Z10A-Heat 10 (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 29, 12 at 8:59

Beautiful, does the flower have much nectar? Is it attractive to insects and hummers?

Tom

o

• Posted by annafl z9b/10a Sarasota (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 29, 12 at 13:04

Cute, Linda. I love seeing the fine hairs.

Anna

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here