Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
timzoneten

Rosemary

timzoneten
9 years ago

Moved to Broward county recently, today I bought a small rosemary plant. I was advised to grow it in a pot but I'd rather not. Will it do well in the ground here? If so, how much sun? What should I do to the soil? And should I keep it away from the sprinklers? Thanks!

Comments (5)

• fawnridge (Ricky)
    9 years ago

It really doesn't matter, ground or pot, although having it in a pot means that you can move it around. Rosemary wants full sun and minimal water once established. Fast draining soil is a must as they will rot if it's too wet.

• timzoneten
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks! I'll find a dry, sunny spot for it and put 'er in the ground tomorrow.

• jane__ny
    9 years ago

I've had Rosemary growing in a pot for 2 years. If you let it dry out too much it will wilt and die.

Ask how I know :))

Jane

• garden_gal_fl (z10)
    9 years ago

Rosemary is tolerant of the sandy soil and builders sand. It can also grow in areas with partial shade, but there are more flowers in sunny spots.

• keiki
    9 years ago

It grows like a weed for me. I started with two after Christmas clearance tree shaped rosemary cones a few years back and have a nice little hedge now. It is partially shaded and gets watered twice a week with the rest of the garden.