Return to the Florida Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Silvia I hate to do this to ya!

Posted by gardencraze 9b winter garden FL (cmcginnis3@cfl.rr.com) on
Thu, Aug 16, 12 at 6:53

Silvia gave the most wonderful eggplant relish, I just have to have the recipe. that was so good my family doesn't really like too much eggplant except'parmisan' but they love this. MUST HAVE RECIPE

Aleady ate one of the delish avocados too, and I dare not open the 'Fig Jam' big trouble there. LOL
Silvia, thank you so much for your friendship and generosity.

Carmen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Silvia I hate to do this to ya!

• Posted by whgille Oakland FL Zone 9B (My Page) on
    Thu, Aug 16, 12 at 8:34

Carmen, you are very welcome! I am glad that you like the relish. After making a lot of recipes with the eggplants and letting my friends try, a lot of them have changed their views of the humble eggplant forever,lol.
I made a very good one, Italian style called caponata. We still getting a lot of eggplants and have not get tired yet.:)
I found the recipe on the web, if it does not come clear, I will make a copy from the book that I have and give you next time that I see you.
You have to try the fig jam, it is made with the local honey, it is one of my favorites!
If you have not used the squash yet, you can use it the same like if you were making mashed potatoes or you can make muffins.

Silvia

Here is a link that might be useful: eggplant relish

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here