Return to the Florida Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mystery seeds...the variety pack

Posted by abnorm Orlando (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 3, 12 at 10:16

So you have seen them....the pack of mixed seeds so cheap you just can't pass up the bargain....A couple years ago I started a "30 Heirloom Tomatos" pack...but I didn't have room for all those plants and selecting at the seedling stage is akin to Solomon.....the pack listed 6 varieties included and I believe I harvested and seed-saved some Dixie Gold and Ruby Green. I germinated some of this saved seed this season....(they sprouted well)....hope they grow true...

Last season I ordered up a bunch of Pepper seeds from PepperMania....the seeds arrived ontime-onbudget and grew well...The order also included a business card with a seed sample ziplock attached.....30 some mixed seeds of all sizes and colors...

Well I am starting these mixed seeds.....AM I CRAZY ?

I am using the papertowel/ziplock for germination....I know they include HOTS 'cause after handling the seed I touched my face (after washing my hands w/soap and water) and thought I was gonna die from the burning......

"I'm Crazy...for being in love with peppers....."

doug

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mystery seeds...the variety pack

Doug you aren't crazy, but maybe you are a little obsessed :). I need your pepper secrets. My seedlings (calif. wonder and dipper) don't look so hot. What's your secret?

o

Doug you aren't crazy, but maybe you are a little obsessed :). I need your pepper secrets. My seedlings (calif. wonder and dipper) don't look so hot. What's your secret?

o

• Posted by whgille Oakland FL Zone 9B (My Page) on
    Fri, Aug 3, 12 at 17:54

Hi Doug

I know a lot of people who love peppers! Maybe we should plan a pepper festival/party? :)
Good luck with the new peppers and let us know which ones do best for you.

Silvia

o

• Posted by tomncath St.Pete-Z10A-Heat 10 (My Page) on
    Sun, Aug 5, 12 at 16:04

That's half the fun of it Doug.

Life's like a box of chocolates, you never know what your going to get! :-)

Tom

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here