Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
leekle2mane

Epiphany!

I was just out watering my beds, not something I normally do, but the rain lately has been scarce and at most very light. On the front side of my house, my faucet is behind 3 ft of garden bed. Not a huge issue as far as reach goes, I can easily reach over the bed to the faucet. The problem lies with the hose. As I move from bed to bed, the hose, which is just long enough to hit all my front beds, kind of gets dragged through this bed. For the most part I try to pay attention to what I'm doing so I don't damage the plants, but sometimes a reflexive tug pulls the hose through the bed. Oops. So far I haven't done any major damage though. Knock on wood.

But as I was wrapping things up today and heading back inside, an image came to my mind. A pivoting 3 ft bar/tube that would sway over the plants, much like how the hoses spin around your car at those spray-it-yourself car washes. I'm going through the net trying to find options, even if there are pivoting PVC connectors where I can jury-rig my own arm, but I wanted to throw it out to ya'll to see if anyone has seen an apparatus like this before? To make sure the idea is clear. A tubular bar that you screw onto your spigot that will then angle out a short distance and gives you another connector for attaching your hose... hmm... now that I think on it more, that might put a bit of stress on the spigot if your system is all PVC, like mine. But Wall Mounted spigots should be able to hand it. Anyone seen anything like this?

Comments (6)