Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print

As my 6 month old DD, Julie used to say as she titled up her empty cereal bowl while sitting in her high chair proudly showing her mom & dad her clean plate ! Well it's me who's saying that now, as yesterday my mango season ended when I picked the final large mango from my late season Valencia Pride tree. A great year for me as I expected much less from the three trees I was relying on. At the most, had hoped for a dozen or so from each of the three trees, instead I got zero ( 0 ) from the 12 ft Kent, and 50 each from the 12 ft Glenn and 16 ft Valencia Pride !! The most fruits ever for this neophyte farmer from the concrete canyons of NYC !
Both my new chest type freezer and the fridges bottom freezer are full to the brim with peeled & sliced gems. Using them mainly on morning cereal and some frozen Mango Margaritas, I should have enough to last thru December. Amazed most of my friends after they tasted some, they had previously only eaten the store bought fruits. Am sure I'll have many more inquiries next June - Aug as to how my mangos are doing. lol

So the season is over. With luck and no severe freezes, should be an even bigger haul next year. Couldn't have done it without the ideas I received on this site, so thanks to all ! Didn't even lose one mango to the fruit flies,..NOT ONE ! ( smile )

Comments (2)