Return to the Florida Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
just 3 pics

Posted by hester_2009 9a/b Sarasota (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 30, 11 at 15:41

WPhotobucketell, rain is good for some things! The orange flowers are on a couple of cannas that I moved from another spot. They are now in the old driveway and even though I add soil when I plant there, it is still pretty sandy. I love looking at them from the house and deck. And to the right on the fence is bamboo planted last fall and when it stands upright (not like now with all the rain) , it almost blocks that roof! yea!
Photobucket
new little powder puff I have a few around the place as they are one of my favs

Photobucket

This thunbergia is from a cutting I took in June. OMG it will soon take over but I love it! And, er, um, those patio stones should be white - thanks, rain...time to get out the pressure washer I guess...

thanks for looking,
Hester

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: just 3 pics

Everything is beautiful and green Hester.

Barbie

o

• Posted by Yme405 10b SW Fla (My Page) on
    Tue, Aug 30, 11 at 16:52

Very nice. Looks tranquil

o

very nice! like the arbors, really separate the garden. is the thunbergia "blue sky vine?" yikes if it is....! i dug one old one out that was climbing into the tree and couldn't believe the size of the root system. beautiful garden!

o

Hester: What an oasis of calm you've created. I love it!

I wouldn't hurry to wash the stepping stones (unless they're slippery and a danger for walking). I prefer the mossy "aged" look (maybe because I'm mossy and aged).

June

o

thunbergia is the alba variety - black eyed susan - very agressive but easily pruned and contained. I do have the sky vine on my back fence and yes, it is a monster but when flowering, just beautiful. I always say I'll rip it out, but just can't bring myself to do it!

o

Like the Powder Puff. Did you or have started them from seed?

I have grown before and sold it during one of the moves.
I am watching a tree that is blooming. Any idea when to expect seed?

Thanks Hester.

Tropicalfreak

o

I've not tried growing the Powder Puff from seed..two reasons really...I never have much luck growing anything from seed..and these plants are now widely available cheap!
they do produce seed often, as they bloom off and on all year.
Try it!
Glad you like them
Hester

o

gorgeous! I want my yard to look like yours.
Lori

o

Lori,
I've seen your pics and I want my yard to be like yours! I love the paths and benches and stuff you have created in the enclosed spaces.
The pics I posted here are from the front "yard" which used to be a driveway and I'm trying to create enclosed spaces there but it's hard digging. So for now, it's just sort of wild and wide open but full of butterflies and birds so I'm happy!
June - lol! "Mossy and aged" - I now have a new way to describe myself thanks!
Hester

o

I love the colors and the arbor. Nice peaceful place.
Count me as another "mossy and aged" gardener who almost took a dive on my path stones that had been covered in leaves.
Like Hill Street Blues...."Let's be careful out there"

o

Charming! Thanks for sharing.

o

Very nice pictures. Love the arbor leading the way and the large tree in the background!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here