Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tomncath

Yikes, they're alive!

tomncath
11 years ago

So, I'm always experimenting with containers and grew some Granex onions this spring on the east side of my house in shade all day. They didn't get very big but are great in recipes that call for small onions. PROBLEM, look what they are doing NOW stored in my Laundry Room!

Tom

Comments (3)

• tinael01
    11 years ago

woops! Maybe you can keep them alive until planting time and replant them. Its only a few weeks away.

• whgille
    11 years ago

Hi Tom

Because it is warmer than other years, I put a lot of things that I normally leave them outside in the freezer before they went bad. I cooked all the big winter squashes and froze them in freezer bags that can be stacked up easily and used later in recipes. I didn't freeze any onions because with the amount of cooking that I do, I had none left and the request at the house is, "plant more onions, they are so good!"

Silvia

• tomncath
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Tina - that's a possibility but I'd rather start some seed 9/1 and transplant the starts either in December or January. I'm having too much fun watching these babies sprout but I may just plant them as I'd have a hard time sending them to a saute death now :-) :-(

Silvia - it does get rather warm in the Laundry Room on weekends when the dryer gets fired up but I love cooking these baby onions whole ;-)

Tom