Return to the Florida Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
bit off topic

Posted by wallisadi deland (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 26, 12 at 19:54

neil001 grew up watching this, must have moved this paper twenty times, nice to read again. bit of a collector here....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: bit off topic

God bless you Neil.

"During his next space trip in July 1969, Armstrong and fellow astronauts Buzz Aldrin and Michael Collins blasted off in Apollo 11 on a nearly 250,000-mile journey to the moon that went down in the history books."

My dad woke me up to watch this. The nuclear family depicted on the ride "spaceship earth" watching the moon landing, part of Disney's Epcot ride Planet Earth....that was my family. I was seven.

Can you imagine the courage it takes to enter the spaceship for these journeys into space? OMG....the Challenger......that is TRUE courage.

o

Hi
Isn't it interesting how much time effort and money was poured into Apollo but when the Russians quit trying the entire effort went bust??
Runaway most interesting program going on now is the New Horizons which will go into orbit around the dwarf planet Pluto in 2015 and should provide pix of not only the Kuiper belt but the hypothetical Oort cloud. I met Clyde Tombaugh (discovered Pluto in 1930) and some of his ashes are actually in the craft.
Amazing that from the beginning of time to 1930 to discover 9 planets there are now well over 650!!
The solor system is at least 5 times bigger than thought during the moon landing!! Wouldn't even venture a guess as to the concept of the universe in say a hundred years .
almost everything known if not completely untrue was seriously flawed.!! Mind boggling stuff!!! gary

o

• Posted by tomncath St.Pete-Z10A-Heat 10 (My Page) on
    Mon, Aug 27, 12 at 19:28

Truly a sad day yesterday, all my heroes are dying off....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here