Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
locteach

LOCAL Sources -

locteach
12 years ago

Hi! I am looking for sources in the Orlando area - Dr. Phillips area/Downtown are for some veggie seedlings. Any local recommendations?

I planted some seeds about two weeks ago and it looks as if I will be replanting them this weekend. I thought I might purchase growing seedlings instead.

I am not looking for a Home Depot or Lowes answer (no offense). Are there green markets that sell seedlings?

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments (6)

• tommyplyer
    12 years ago

I live near you in gotha and have some extras seedlings contact me at tommysgardens@gmail.com

• trini1trini
    12 years ago

I know Apenberrys sells seedlings. Don't know when they get them in tho.

• gardengimp
    12 years ago

Lucas carries Bonnie seedlings, just like HD and L. A couple vendors advertise on craigslist, one in Christmas and one in Oveida. Debary nursery has very nice seedlings and I gather Doug/Abnorm goes to Rockledge Nursery. That's all I know about.

~dianne

• abnorm
    12 years ago

Thanks Dianne......Everywhere I go I check out the garden centers......and I've spent Much-too-much-time in Brevard these days...........

Laurie.....Besides the already listed sources:

Palmer Feed store in DowntownOrlando and their boutique store near Leu Gardens both sell BONNIE......(But they did get their fall ONION plants early...$5/60 small seedlings...white and yellow...I planted mine on thursday.....Sets/bulbs arriving soon )

The Oviedo-craigslist-nursery is a blast....anyone else go ?
    LoneWolfGrowers is out in the Black Hammock....there's a map on the site but I still bet you make a U-turn someplace

..........."you can't git there from here"...

it's still on the "pavement" but just barely.....HUGE Palms on the property......The Veggie green houses were old tattered visqueen structures FULL of plants....His prices were cheap for the volume/size of the plants....But maybe lacking in varieties at the time.....

doug

Here is a link that might be useful: LoneWolf

• locteach
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Oh my stars,

Thank you everyone for all of the recommendations. I went to Tommy's house today not too far from me and he shared a few plants. I will post pictures once they are planted and I find my camera. I am now going to take a day road trip to find all of these great places suggested. I am so excited to be back in Florida gardening. I was in zone 10 in West Palm (20 years)when I lived here 3 years ago and my most recent zone was 7b/8 in Dallas.

Tommy's Banana trees are fantastic and I have blueberry jealousy disease now (I could never grown blueberries living in West Palm.)

Thank you for making me feel welcome to the Florida community!

Laurie

• abnorm
    12 years ago

and if you're near College Park Farmers Market....Thursday Evenings.....Crispy Farms:

""I am set up at College Park and Avalon Park Farmers markets. My plants are all grown from certified organic seed and my farm practices are registered under the Certified Naturally Grown program. I sell all of my plants for $1.50 and my packs of heirloom seed for $2.50. My website is www.crispyfarms.com and if you have any questions please ask. Alicia""

from her e-mail...from a list...just today....I've NEVER seen her plants or produce........doug