Return to the Florida Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ATTN Leekle2ManE (don't look if you hate spiders)

Posted by bamboo_rabbit 9A Inverness FL (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 14, 12 at 9:38

Are these what you are looking for? If so I have a couple of egg sacks located for you if you want them, or you could take the spiders also. I'm sure there are more egg sacks to come as these spiders are everywhere on the property.

In this one picture can see 3 of the spiders lol.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ATTN Leekle2ManE (don't look if you hate spiders)

Beautiful! Yes, those are what I have been missing. I am sorely tempted to hop in the truck and come pick up an egg sack. Unfortunately, my wife absolutely HATES spiders. If I put one in our back yard she would never go outside again.

Oh, but I am so very tempted. Beautiful spiders...

o

Lol.

My wife hates them also. The garden spiders and the golden orb weavers like the openings between the canes of the black berries and raspberries. Since I have a couple hundred feet of the brambles I accumulate a lot of spiders. As long as they make the webs high enough the ducks can't eat them they are safe here. I rather like seeing them..heck you can even pet the golden orb weavers.

o

Very nice. I miss those as well, Used to have them up in my northern gardens. I love these big orb weavers. I don't see a lot of (or any) spiders in my garden here in Florida.

I am in urban St Pete, but I was thinking for me it was all the anoles in my yard. Lizards everywhere. But I think the large numbers of lizards mean that there is a healthy ecosystem outside. But also think they munch on any spiders that try to get a hold in my yard.

o

Bear,

We have 100's of lizards around so don't think that is it. A lot of people hate the spiders and kill them on sight, i'm sure it takes it's toll on the population.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here