Return to the Florida Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
texas sage question

Posted by hester_2009 9a/b Sarasota (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 5, 12 at 10:38

I hope someone can tell me why my texas sage plants haven't bloomed for over a year! I have some shrubs and one that is trained as a tree, and while they bloomed when I put them in at first, no blooms since. I've fed them and they look very healthy although the color changed from silver to pale green. (I think there are two varieties of this plant,,correct?)
Should I give them another shot of food or just give up and enjoy them for the texture?
Thanks
Hester

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: texas sage question

This is from TAMU web site. Texas sage grows best in full sun in well drained alkaline soil. It tolerates extreme heat and poor soil, but not acidic or boggy conditions. I hope this info helps you.

o

I think this was a bad year for them here with all the rain. Mine haven't bloomed much, either. I think they bloom the best after a long dry spell. I still enjoy them and I'm willing to tolerate it.

o

I thought they did not like much fertilizer?

Dianne

o

I just bought one and was told when I bought it they want really dry conditions. And will bloom shortly after rains, after dry periods.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here