Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sakurasundries

New to Veggies, starting over for Fall

SakuraSundries
11 years ago

Hi everyone, I'm new to vegetable gardening, just finished cleaning up after a semi-failed late spring season. I got things in the ground too late and then we had SO much rain, many things failed.

But we're starting over, possibly a little late again, but I'm going for it anyway. Spent all day yesterday building new raised beds, and hope to add more in the next month (in preparation for spring planting).

My question is this, what do you grow in the fall with success, and what would you recommend for me to try?

I'm located in Tampa, my garden areas range from almost excessive sun to part-sun. I am using raised beds, square foot beds (raised w/ Mel's mix), containers/pots, and a hydro-stacker system. I'll hopefully be restarting my old gardening blog and getting pictures of the areas up soon, but there's too much storming today to get out with camera.

I would love to (in the correct time) plant carrots, beets, various lettuces and greens, peas, beans, squash, potatoes, garlic, onions, shallots, leeks and tons of other stuff.

So what are your recommendations and favorites! Thanks in advance :)

Comments (5)

Sponsored
SURROUNDS Landscape Architecture + Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
DC Area's High-End Custom Landscape Design/Build Firm 9x Best of Houzz