Return to the Florida Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Photo to make you smile

Posted by RetiredFlorida 9 (floridabeachportraits@gmail.com) on
Thu, Sep 13, 12 at 14:50

Sitting on my front porch enjoying the morning temps, finally a break in the weather! Just a few degrees but with the humidity letting up, it isn't so bad.

I have two curcuma plants potted close by the front door. I look over and notice a difference in the plant and see this little critter when I get close. My garden is just full of treats this week.

Darren

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Photo to make you smile

Looks like it might be a cuban tree frog , in which case he's a bad guy and eats the native frogs.

o

'fraid so.

Here is a link that might be useful: cuban tree frog in FL

o

But it's still a cute picture and I did smile.

o

Alright got one smile! Awareness is everything and the more I frequent this site, the more I learn. This was meant to be a fun posting but alas I learned something too. It was cute but such a pest as it is, I will take steps to remove them when I see them. I had no idea and honestly it is only one of a handful I've ever had in my yard, that I recall seeing.

Thanks for sharing the link and info., it wouldn't have been pretty had my daughter got ahold of it, she covets all living things and would have a zoo if I let her.

Darren

o

• Posted by katkin 9b/10a PSL,Fl (My Page) on
    Fri, Sep 14, 12 at 6:48

It is a great picture and I smiled too.

But I have my hubby kill those frogs. They eat the native green lizzards too. And since we started killing those frogs we have tons of the native lizzards now. I also hated they pooped all over my windows and walls outside, and it was hard to wash off.

o

Nice pic!

& FWIW, most, if not all frogs will eat each other, given the chance - lizards do the same.

o

Thanks Kat & Carol, glad you enjoyed it. I checked on him after reading the message and he had left, premonition?

:-)

Darren

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here