Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
emmjay_gw

Flower Choice for My New Yard

EmmJay
9 years ago

I posted previously about a ground cover and was going to go with peanut for the back part of my new yard (closing on Friday), but they messed up and put in zoysia grass. I was worried about durability with the dog and also walking on it a lot to get to the back gate, but I'm going to give it a try.

As you can see from the photo, there are two strips covered with pine straw along the grass that are perfect for flowers. In my current yard I've done annuals like marigolds, impatiens, and snap dragons, but I'd love suggestions on something that doesn't start looking scraggly so fast. The long wall is a western exposure, so the yard will get lots of sun late in the day. Also, it's a townhome so the landscapers probably won't be all that careful about avoiding my flower beds when they do the lawn, so something small that can be as far out of their way as possible is my preference.

The paver part will have a hot tub and fire pit, and I'll probably also have a container over there. Any ideas welcome!

Comments (2)