Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print

Comments (34)

• stuartwanda
    11 years ago

Try again, you usually take good pics but this is too close? I would love to see this, I love cats!

• keiki
    11 years ago

Beautiful orchid. I have a similar one.

• wallisadi
    Original Author
    11 years ago

four spikes! loves this weather, had to brave the rain to get this shot...:)

• stuartwanda
    11 years ago

I love that color! Very healthy orchid! Nice picture!!

• vee78910
    11 years ago

My Burana Beauties are blooming right now also. The panhandle has had LOTS of rain this summer and all my outdoor orchids are doing really well. Lots of blooms but will soon have to go into the greenhouse since late October will bring temps too low to leave outside. Thanks for showing yours....

• RetiredFlorida
    11 years ago

Beautiful!

• tropicbreezent
    11 years ago

That does look very healthy. Is it growing in a pot in that timber box, or is it straight on that timber?

• wallisadi
    Original Author
    11 years ago

new bloom......loving this weather, spikes on all of them. vanda even starting, hope the cold holds off.....m

• vegasqueen
    11 years ago

Your orchids are very beautiful....

• garyfla_gw
    11 years ago

Hi
    here's my green Catts they did really well this summer .probably all the rain. Don't ask the name it was a gift over 30 years ago lol gary

• jason83
    11 years ago

Lc. Rosette warland x C. Chocolate Drop 'Red'
    Never been very good with orchids, but have started to mount them to wood and they fare much, much better! I guess I like to water too much :)

• wallisadi
    Original Author
    11 years ago

vanda on cork

• wallisadi
    Original Author
    11 years ago

bumper crop of orchid blooms this fall with wet nights, mild temps......

• stuartwanda
    11 years ago

I must say J has a lot of beautiful orchids.

• katkin_gw
    11 years ago

All these pictures of orchids have me drooling. They are just lovely. :o) Keep the photos coming.

• whgille
    11 years ago

Wow! J is a master in the orchid world!

Silvia

• katkin_gw
    11 years ago

I was wondering what fertilizer she uses?

• saldut
    11 years ago

WOW!!! I've got lots of plants, orchids that I got and they finished blooming and I hang them out in the tree, most of them live but so far no more blooms, there must be something you folks are doing to get them to bloom like that! Please share your secrets! thanx, sally

• wallisadi
    Original Author
    11 years ago

"better gro" 11-35-15 puts it in a spray bottle and mists them.....i'm just typing as she's telling me.....:~)

• garyfla_gw
    11 years ago

Hi
    Here is a hybrid of "kasims delight" strap vanda . Not so many flowers but very large and 5 inches wide . Very prolific also . Third time this year gary

• saldut
    11 years ago

Thanks Walli, I do use Better Gro in a spray-bottle, when I think of it (ahem) and have put some Osmocote pellets in the bark.... but I'm learning, not very much apparently.... most of what I have are Dens and Phals and prob. they are going thru' their natural cycle which is not very often... acc. to what I am reading.. I am just not patient enough and most of them are fairly newly acquired...goess I should just be happy they are still alive! I have some Vandas also and love when those long roots turn green, I put them out from under the tree-branches, out on a trellis in more sun, acc. to what I read they need full sun? the sprinklers hit them better there also....thanks again, MERRY CHRISTMAS....sally

• wallisadi
    Original Author
    11 years ago

• shavedmonkey (Harvey in South Fl.)Z10b
    11 years ago

I love orchids! pictured is blc rustic spots.

• saldut
    11 years ago

Now I am turning green with envy! sally

• wallisadi
    Original Author
    11 years ago

very nice............!!!!

• garyfla_gw
    11 years ago

Hi
    Here's an Epicatt Rene marques I think lol. lousy pic but as close as i can get .For some reason it decided to grow rather than flower usually it has at least a dozen.
    gary

• shavedmonkey (Harvey in South Fl.)Z10b
    11 years ago

Gary, yes it is Eppicatt Rene marques and add 'flame thrower' hcc/aos. Seems like it is early this year like many other plants.

This post was edited by shavedmonkey on Fri, Jan 4, 13 at 13:56

• wallisadi
    Original Author
    11 years ago

jewels will be next!

• garyfla_gw
    11 years ago

Hi
    What kind of Cymbidiums??. have always wanted to try them but afraid of the cold period but I know there are heat tolerants. is this the normal flower period? gary

• katkin_gw
    11 years ago

Mark, that jewel orchid is lovely. I've tried to grow it several times and have killed it. I don't know what I am doing wrong. Some said it doesn't want much water, did you find that to be true?

• kayjones
    11 years ago

Kat, I've had a similar experience with the jewel Orchid. Mine is in a 3" pot and has two leaves, the same number it's had for the 2 years I've owned it. I have NO IDEA what to do to make it grow!

• wallisadi
    Original Author
    11 years ago

my wife treats them like a regular orchid, bark, misting, ect...i treat them like a tropical. all the cuttings are in potting soil in filtered sun. i water the heck out of them, but they drain real good. i have an 18 pack started for spring, propagate real easy. took one to silvia's party last fall, not sure who got it....:)

• whgille
    11 years ago

M

Thank you, I went to look at my plants this morning and I am the happy owner of your beautiful plants. I don't know how I have two, lol.

Silvia

• wallisadi
    Original Author
    11 years ago

glad you got it! good trade!...m

Sponsored
Bull Run Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars273 Reviews
Virginia's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Renovation Firm I Best of Houzz