o
J's orchid

Posted by wallisadi deland (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 8, 12 at 16:44

Photobucket Cattleya bloom

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: J's orchid

Try again, you usually take good pics but this is too close? I would love to see this, I love cats!

o

Beautiful orchid. I have a similar one.

o

Photobucket four spikes! loves this weather, had to brave the rain to get this shot...:)

o

I love that color! Very healthy orchid! Nice picture!!

o

• Posted by vee1 8b (My Page) on
    Sun, Sep 30, 12 at 13:55

My Burana Beauties are blooming right now also. The panhandle has had LOTS of rain this summer and all my outdoor orchids are doing really well. Lots of blooms but will soon have to go into the greenhouse since late October will bring temps too low to leave outside. Thanks for showing yours....

o

Beautiful!

o

That does look very healthy. Is it growing in a pot in that timber box, or is it straight on that timber?

o

new bloom......loving this weather, spikes on all of them. vanda even starting, hope the cold holds off.....m

o

Your orchids are very beautiful....

o

Hi
here's my green Catts they did really well this summer .probably all the rain. Don't ask the name it was a gift over 30 years ago lol gary

o

• Posted by jason83 Zone 8b/9a (North Fl (My Page) on
    Wed, Nov 14, 12 at 19:36

Lc. Rosette warland x C. Chocolate Drop 'Red'
Never been very good with orchids, but have started to mount them to wood and they fare much, much better! I guess I like to water too much :)

o

Photobucket vanda on cork

o

Photobucket Photobucket bumper crop of orchid blooms this fall with wet nights, mild temps......

o

I must say J has a lot of beautiful orchids.

o

• Posted by katkin 9b/10a PSL,Fl (My Page) on
    Sun, Dec 16, 12 at 6:43

All these pictures of orchids have me drooling. They are just lovely. :o) Keep the photos coming.

o

• Posted by whgille Oakland FL Zone 9B (My Page) on
    Sun, Dec 16, 12 at 9:08

Wow! J is a master in the orchid world!

Silvia

o

Sun, Dec 16, 12 at 11:22

I was wondering what fertilizer she uses?

o

• Posted by saldut 9-10 st pete, fl (My Page) on
    Sun, Dec 16, 12 at 19:55

WOW!!! I've got lots of plants, orchids that I got and they finished blooming and I hang them out in the tree, most of them live but so far no more blooms, there must be something you folks are doing to get them to bloom like that! Please share your secrets! thanx, sally

o

"better gro" 11-35-15 puts it in a spray bottle and mists them.....i'm just typing as she's telling me.....:~)

o

Hi
Here is a hybrid of "kasims delight" strap vanda . Not so many flowers but very large and 5 inches wide . Very prolific also . Third time this year gary

o

Mon, Dec 17, 12 at 13:41

Thanks Walli, I do use Better Gro in a spray-bottle, when I think of it (ahem) and have put some Osmocote pellets in the bark.... but I'm learning, not very much apparently.... most of what I have are Dens and Phals and prob. they are going thru' their natural cycle which is not very often... acc. to what I am reading.. I am just not patient enough and most of them are fairly newly acquired...goess I should just be happy they are still alive! I have some Vandas also and love when those long roots turn green, I put them out from under the tree-branches, out on a trellis in more sun, acc. to what I read they need full sun? the sprinklers hit them better there also....thanks again, MERRY CHRISTMAS....sally

o

Photobucket Photobucket

o

I love orchids! pictured is blc rustic spots.

o

Thu, Jan 3, 13 at 15:25

Now I am turning green with envy! sally

o

very nice............!!!!

o

Hi
Here's an Epicatt Rene marques I think lol. lousy pic but as close as i can get .For some reason it decided to grow rather than flower usually it has at least a dozen.
gary

o

Gary, yes it is Eppicatt Rene marques and add 'flame thrower' hcc/aos. Seems like it is early this year like many other plants.

This post was edited by shavedmonkey on Fri, Jan 4, 13 at 13:56

o

Photobucket Photobucket jewels will be next!

o

Hi
What kind of Cymbidiums??. have always wanted to try them but afraid of the cold period but I know there are heat tolerants. is this the normal flower period? gary

o

Sat, Jan 5, 13 at 7:12

Mark, that jewel orchid is lovely. I've tried to grow it several times and have killed it. I don't know what I am doing wrong. Some said it doesn't want much water, did you find that to be true?

o

Kat, I've had a similar experience with the jewel Orchid. Mine is in a 3" pot and has two leaves, the same number it's had for the 2 years I've owned it. I have NO IDEA what to do to make it grow!

o

my wife treats them like a regular orchid, bark, misting, ect...i treat them like a tropical. all the cuttings are in potting soil in filtered sun. i water the heck out of them, but they drain real good. i have an 18 pack started for spring, propagate real easy. took one to silvia's party last fall, not sure who got it....:)

o

• Posted by whgille Oakland FL Zone 9B (My Page) on
    Sun, Jan 6, 13 at 7:51

M

Thank you, I went to look at my plants this morning and I am the happy owner of your beautiful plants. I don't know how I have two, lol.

Photobucket

Silvia

o

glad you got it! good trade!...m

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here