Return to the Florida Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Met another GWer today Nova

Posted by RetiredFlorida 9 (floridabeachportraits@gmail.com) on
Sat, Sep 8, 12 at 19:25

Hi All,

Had to share that through the exchange portion of Florida Gardening I drove to Ocala to meet Susan (aka Nova) and her husband David. Susan had some Louisiana Iris to share so I took my kids for a little day trip.

I tend to be a little defensive when meeting strangers, especially at my home ( a little uptight) and always amazed on how welcoming people can be. Thank you Susan and David for your hospitality today. What a treat it was to see your lovely garden,artwork and meeting the both of you. You made our day, it was just so neat to see all your beautiful blooms and to learn so much in such a short time. The cuttings transport really well when sitting in water..........won't forget that soon!

With Susan's permission I'm going to share some images I took during my visit today, I hope y'all enjoy them as much as I did.

My wife loved your "leaf stones" and I will call you about them as soon as I get feedback from MIL.

Darren

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Met another GWer today Nova

Their pond and waterfall

o

Amazing bloom.

o

Susan resourcefulness is amazing. What would you do with a broken pot...........throw it out? No, make a couple of eyelids of course!

o

Great growth.

o

Yet another pretty bloom.

o

The newbie I am, my first impression was, Lilac! Oh ok, I was wrong but it isn't any less cool.

o

Talk about creative. I've seen all kids of neat uses for glass and bottles but this walkway was a first, 900+ bottles!! I wish I had your energy Susan.

o

Susan makes all kinds of things including these pots.

o

Blooms everywhere.

o

And another....

o

Cacti too!

o

These amazing walkways stones made by Susan.

o

And one final image taken shortly before we left. I will never look at a lady bug the same.....

o

Wow ...... now that is creative gardening!! Absolutely love it!

Tina

o

• Posted by katkin 9b/10a PSL,Fl (My Page) on
    Sun, Sep 9, 12 at 7:20

Great photo's. Susan is really good people. She used to live over here only one city away from me and we exchanged plants all time. If you got black gamcock La iris from her, it came from me years ago. I really miss her. Some day we'll take a drive over there to see her again.

o

Thanks for posting these. Beautiful and creative garden! If you get directions on the leaf stepping stones, can you post those also, please? I know there are directions online, but there might be helpful hints from someone who has already done it.

o

Kat, I agree 100%, Susan is a very giving soul. It was a 2 1/2 hour ride up there but well worth it. Seeing her garden was such a treat. I saw stuff there both and plant and artwork that I'll probably not see again. I'm sorry I didn't photograph her nor David as this was the first time we met and I don't like to be too pushy..........some people hate having their photos taken. We will be visiting again for sure, soon as we have to get some of those fancy walkway stones!

aroid, I will let Susan know you want info on the stones, I'm sure she'll be glad to share her method with you.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here