Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
squishierthanu

What's wrong with my milkweed?

SquishierThanU
10 years ago

I've got a yellow flowered Mexican milkweed plant about several months old now, It has lasted through at least 6 generations or so of Monarchs and has continued to return stronger and bushier than before. I did finally have to transplant it out of it's former 8" deep, 6x6" square pot though as I'll be moving soon and could not place it in ground as I wanted to at my current location. For those of you in the bay area you know that we've been experiencing some terrential downpour and so I didn't worry about the plant drying out and shriveling post trans. But now the leaves are getting flimsy and droopy as though the plant were drowned or infested with aphids?! I've checked over and over, and can't find a single oleander aphid or any other critter for that matter making it's creepy crawly way on the stalks of my monarch host, and the soil isn't super wet, nor is it too dry. The leaves aren't really turning yellow or signifiying any discoloration, just curling and and drooping. Any idea what happened? Did I maybe do something wrong?

Comments (5)