Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
joeblfsk

Caught in a trap,..as Elvis sang.

My newly planted ( 2 1/2 hrs ago ) Bacon Avocado tree. Was walking back to the shed with my wheelbarrow filled with the tools of the trade, when my neighbor Tom comes out his screen door and looks over.
" So you planted another tree, eh Joe ? "
" Er, yeah Tom, but this is the last one ! "
" Yeah that's what you said the last time ! " he replies with a big grin on his face.
" But I really mean it this time. "
"' You said that the last time also ! "

This post was edited by jofus on Sun, Oct 27, 13 at 16:21

Comments (12)

• amberroses
    10 years ago

I don't think you have nearly enough trees planted :)

• morningloree
    10 years ago

I give you exhibit "A," ...There's Always Room For One More. I just came home with a Nam Doc Mai. I have a Pickering already. I am absolutely hopeless! I have driven hours all over Florida for certain plants.

• SusieQsie_Fla
    10 years ago

Yum! Bacon and Avocado!

That was Elvis' favorite sandwich.

• jofus, ( Englewood, Fl zone 10a )
    Original Author
    10 years ago

amberroses : See that stake in the background ? That's where my next tree will go, a Haas Avocado. Will give Tom a few days to get used to the one I planted today tho. lol

morningloree : You're caught in the same trap as me. You've made good choices, good luck with both those trees !

susieqsie : Interesting, - had no idea. Must try that sandwich when these new trees finally produce. Can't wait now !

This post was edited by jofus on Mon, Oct 28, 13 at 15:16

• shavedmonkey (Harvey in South Fl.)Z10b
    10 years ago

Bacon, lettuce, tomato, sprouts, avocado, on whole wheat. Yummy! Good luck with your new trees!

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    10 years ago

Looks like you've plenty of room for more trees to me as well.
    & I thought Elvis's fave sandwich was bacon, PB & jelly - a.k.a. Fool's Gold Loaf...?

Original Author
    10 years ago

Hmmm, googled it and came up with a peanut butter, sliced bananas and bacon strip concoction as well as the one including jelly.

Have a huge stalk of ripening Goldfinger bananas hanging out back,..maybe will try that recipe when they are ripe in another month or so. Will pass on the jelly version. lol. Looks like 'ol Elvis left us with more than just some great music.

This post was edited by jofus on Mon, Oct 28, 13 at 15:06

• SusieQsie_Fla
    10 years ago

Sorry, guys...
    I don't know why I said that about Elvis. I totally made it up.

30 lashes with a wet noodle.

I think he ate his Bacon Avocado with his noodles.

Anyways, Joe, your yard is Fruit Tree Heaven. I'm so jealous!

Susie

Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Susie and everyone else. Now looking forward to another mild winter, like the last two we had hereabouts, so these young 4 - 5 ft trees can get off to a good start !

This post was edited by jofus on Wed, Oct 30, 13 at 12:28

• saldut
    10 years ago

I see more grass out there, I hate grass.. just think of all the trees you could plant in place of all that grass!! LOL, sally

Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for your input Sally,...I agree up to a point. Sometimes I am just not thrilled to have to crank up the big guy and mow this 1/4 acre lot. I know your statement was tongue-in-cheek,..but must ruefully admit, being only one person, I have finally reached the end of my plantation extensions.
    My main goal now is to " lighten my load ". Am content with a schedule of picking fruit & light fertilizing/watering that I have now, but will not add more trees.
    The Cuban Tree Frog invasion has been my latest concern, but have had no problem dealing with them. Am just one guy but have all the tools to maintain what I have. The more trees I plant, the more rats, fruit flies, squirrels, kamikaze bird attacks & CTF's I attract. Soo " No Me Gusta " in escalating any further. If things go as planned will have 15 trees dropping their fruit from June thru December, starting in June 2014.
    Can't wait,..may have to go back into busuiness,
    " Jofus' Fruit Exportation Co ! " ( smile )

• scents_from_heaven
    10 years ago

You do peanut butter, then add strawberry preserves with sliced bananas and then the bacon on white bread and that is what I call an Elvis sandwich. At the moment I am eating jam sandwiches. They consist of taking two slices of white bread and jamming them together and calling it a sandwich. I had forgotten how bad white bread is but when it is the only bread you can have other than sourdough or Italian it will do. I am going to be making my own. I love your new tree and I like your plan.

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES