Return to the Florida Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Strawberry plants

Posted by nugger 8 (nugger56@hotmail.com) on
Sat, Oct 6, 12 at 15:34

This is a reminder for Darcy known on here as westhamutd to let me know when the strawberry plants are ready, Thanks Frank

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Strawberry plants

If you are talking about strawberries from South Seminole nursery they are in.

Mine are in the ground!

Dave

o

I got my strawberry plants from South Seminole Farms on Monday afternoon, too, but couldn't plant until this morning. I kept them in the bag in the fridge and put them into a bed I'd already prepared. They're mulched with landscape fabric covered with pine straw. The leaves are a bit wilted. I'm hopeful that they'll make it. Orlando-Dave, how are your plants doing?

o

I am starting to see some new growth emerging from the brown crisp that was the original plant. I was ready to play taps for them and then saw the new growth.

Not sure if they will survive and if so how many but I at least have some hope now! This is my first year trying them so I was not sure what to expect.

How about yours?

o

Hi
This was the first summer i had plants survive.Was really surprised as they are "Ozark Beauty Guess I'll add some more as 3 plants won't amount to much lol
Think I'll wait a bit longer to put them out in full sun . Toasted them last year. I had quite a bit of fruit last year much enjoyed by the squirrels lol gary

o

Most of mine are putting out new leaves. A squirrel dug one up, but most look like they'll make it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here