Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
karalynn_gw

The fish are back!

KaraLynn
11 years ago

After over a week of coming home to walk past a pond empty of begging fish I couldn't take it anymore. Even though the netting I ordered on line hasn't arrived yet I stopped at a pet store last night and bought 4 shubunkin goldfish and put them in the pond as soon as I got home. They rather quickly disappeared into the depths of the pond since it is still pretty green. At around 5 o'clock today I went out to feed the new fish and tossed a little bit of fish food into the pond. Now shubunkins are a mix of blue, gold, and black in color and the fish I bought are rather small so imagine my surprise when I saw large flashes of bright orange rising to the surface! There were the fish that I thought had been eaten, all hungrily gulping down the food! I threw in some more and just stood staring down at them smiling! I can't tell if all of them are still there but I did catch sight of the koi which makes me very happy.

They've probably spent the last week and a half hiding at the very bottom of the pond around the crate I have down there after something, probably a heron, scared them badly. The appearance of 4 new fish is most likely what lured them out of hiding.

The pond is still going to get netting over it but I'm so very happy that my fish didn't all get eaten after all!

Kara

Comments (4)