Return to the Florida Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is there a demand for landscaping rock?

Posted by clueless1959 central FL (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 30, 12 at 8:22

I recently moved into a house that the yard has lots of the white marble landscaping rock in the flower beds etc.

The yard has been neglected a couple of yrs at least I've been weeding an finding lots of the rock that has not been put down thick enough to do what it is supposed to do. OH an then someone had the bright idea lets just mulch over it.

I do not want the rock would there be anyone willing to come get it? I hate to just throw it away. How do I go about finding someone who wants it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is there a demand for landscaping rock?

I imagine if you somehow bagged it up and put it by the curb someone might take it off your hands but I doubt anyone would pay for it, or remove it for you...unless you paid them. ;)

o

Post your town that might help, never know.

o

If you do any container gardening, they might come in handy as as a surface dressing to prevent squirrels, toads from digging in pots. The extra weight can help keep pots from blowing around too.

Love the look of a faux dry stream bed, but it's hard to maintain that look, the rocks eventually become submerged.

I agree somebody will take them from the curb, depending on what your location is like. I would put a sign "free rocks" to make sure they attract as much attention as possible, ASAP. That's the kind of thing a newspaper will sometimes run for free, if you think there's not enough drive-by traffic for them to be noticed just sitting there. Maybe a sign on the grocery store bulletin board, or at your work.

o

I had a garage sale years ago and one gentleman offered to buy a banana tree that was planted in the ground. He wanted to dig it up and take it home!

I didn't sell him the tree, but the memory makes me think that if you put a sign up saying the rocks are for sale (or free) you never know... someone might do most of the work for you.

o

There are ads posted on Craigslist all the time for free landscape rock. It is usually a situation where the poster says you have to dig it out yourself. I don't know if people want it or not, but I do see the ads frequently.

o

• Posted by katkin 9b/10a PSL,Fl (My Page) on
    Fri, Nov 30, 12 at 13:09

Is the site Freecycle.com still around? It was set up for people to give things away.

o

Thanks everyone

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here