Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
scents_from_heaven

Happy Thanksgiving

scents_from_heaven
10 years ago

I am thankful to live in a country where our freedoms are still somewhat in effect. I am extremely thankful for the men, women and dogs who serve to protect our freedom both here in the States and in other countries. They deserve respect and lots of love. I am also thankful for our fire fighters, local law enforcement and others who protect us and serve with honor and pride (at least most of them). We need to thank veterans, military who come home on leave ( I have experienced many surprise visits at Disney and been the one to take pictures of the reunion for some) and we need to thank our fire fighters and law enforcers. I am going to make a meal and take it to two of our local fire stations because they came to my house many times when my husband fell and could not get up. They would gently pick him up and put him back in bed. I see them all the time at Publix either purchasing food to cook or buying subs or fried chicken and I want to thank they by feeding them.

I am thankful for my room-mate who takes care of me when I need it and for my family though not close and my cats who also take care of me and know when to alert my room-mate when my blood sugar is low or when I am sick. One of them knows how to dial 911 and has done it twice when my sugar was so low I was almost comatose. God blessed me with these eleven cats for a reason.

I am also very very thankful for the opportunity to become part of this forum and for the generosity and compassion you have shown towards me in my crisis time. Being able to share and awaiting the opportunity to begin my new passion in the garden gives me renewed hope and it is all due to y'all. Thank you

I hope all of you have a very Happy Thanksgiving for those who are American and for those from other countries I also wish you a happy day and thanks for being a part of this forum. Linda

Comment (1)

• fawnridge (Ricky)
    10 years ago

It's almost time for Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz