Return to the Florida Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Central Florida Manure sighting ...

Posted by gardengimp 9B Florida (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 29, 10 at 11:17

spotted on Craigslist

http://orlando.craigslist.org/zip/2081693928.html

I have lots of horse manure, tons of piles, I need more room to pile up more.
There is too much of it and not enough room i need it gone.
So please if you can take it all or even just take a little come and get it anytime but please call first.

If interested email me or give me a call at 407-814-9944

Here is a link that might be useful: Free Manure

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Central Florida Manure sighting ...

Most people/farms with horses will be glad to share their manure. Just stop and ask.

o

We had one horse owner here in Citrus county that was PAYING people $20 a truckload to take the horse manure away.

o

Not so surprising that there's a surplus after the recent election campaigns.
john

o

Can anyone vouch for the efficacy of horse manure? I have this idea that it is low in fertility and full of weed seeds. Is it worth the trouble of going and getting it?

Thanks,

Jenny

o

Not many weed seeds, adds a lot of organic material and does not burn like cow or chicken manure. We add it to the lovely sugar sand and it makes a world of difference. Just make sure it's not full of hay or bedding (wood shavings). Hay has weed seeds and if there is bedding it will need to compost first.

o

Fresh horse manure is very hot! Make sure it is aged like 6 months. It will make your plants green up and grow like crazy. When I had my horses I would make a big pile then take from the bottom.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here