Return to the Florida Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Purple Flowering bush

Posted by dclegg florida (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 6, 09 at 13:57

Okay I forgot the name of this purple flowering bush (or plant). It gets rather large in height and big around and has a beautiful purple flower on it. I was thinking it was a promise plant. But when I goggled it nothing was close. Well, I know it did start with a "P". I feel very stupid, but would like to find out before Saturday. Maybe I could find one at Mt. Dora. Thanks for your help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Purple Flowering bush

You may be thinking of princess flower or tibouchina urvilleana. It's blooming now.

I tried to post a link to Daves Garden (where there are lots of pictures of this plant) but Gardenweb is currently blocking links to that site because of spam. You can certainly surf there on your own, however.

Meanwhile, here's Floridata's link.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tibouchina

o

First thing that came to me is Philippine violets,they also,are booming now.
Let us know,if you find it tomorrow.
If it is a Ph violet,I have some and could give you one.
Either way let me know if you want a ph violet.
Felix
:-)

Felix

o

Sounds like you may be talking about a Mexican petunia

o

our thunbergia bush is blooming....lots of purple!

o

I have a purple flowering plant. The leaves are long and narrow like an avocodo plant and sort of, almost fuzzy, it is growing like a small tree about 10 feet tall with flowers about 1 1/2" across. I wish I knew what it was. It may be what you have. It is not anything that was mentioned here already. I looked up all that has been suggested.

o
REPLY: Purple Flowering bush

Here are some pictures...is this it?
Leaf on Purple Flower Tree

Purple Flower

Photobucket
Top of Tree

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here