Return to the Florida Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Begonia ID

Posted by karalynn z9 FL, Inverness, Ci (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 9, 12 at 16:15

This may be a long shot but I have several different begonias that I'd like to get IDs on but most of them are all growing in the same pot. Anyone recognise them?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Begonia ID

I think most of them are some kind of angel wing begonias. See how they look like pairs of wings on a stalk? I don't know what the big leaf one is.

o

I don't know, but I love them all together! Never thought of planting them that way.

The Begonia forum has been very helpful for me in the past

Here is a link that might be useful: Begonia forum

o

• Posted by karalynn z9 FL, Inverness, Ci (My Page) on
    Mon, Nov 12, 12 at 13:30

I didn't really plan on grouping so many different begonias in one pot, I'd planted one type in a good size pot but it never really filled out so I took cuttings from other begonias that I'd rooted in water and just added them to the existing pot. I really like how it turned out even though I hadn't realized how big it'd gotten until I went to move it inside!

Here's what someone over on the begonia forum said.

"I would say that the canes in the middle are all mallet begonias. The lightest green looks like Don Miller, the one with the dark green broader stripes looks like Miniperba and the pink might be Maurice Amey."

I think that the Miniperba id might be right but I'm not sure about the Don Miller or Maurice Amey judging from the pictures I found online.

o

Another place to look is American Begonia Society. Sort the table by category and look through the "Cane" begonia images.

Here is a link that might be useful: Begonia Images

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here