Return to the Florida Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
English Ivy - Drying leaves?

Posted by cammunizm 9A (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 8, 12 at 16:32

Ok, this is my second foray into attempting Ivy. I killed the last batch. It's indoors.

It looks like the leaves are whitening / drying out. The soil is still moist, maybe a bit too much? Or is the problem in the photos more to do with too much sunlight / heat?

I thought I had this "indirect sunlight" down.

Cambridge

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: English Ivy - Drying leaves?

• Posted by jason83 Zone 8b/9a (North Fl (My Page) on
    Sun, Nov 11, 12 at 13:51

I can't really tell by looking at the photos - they look very good to me. I can't imagine this thing being that easy to kill...lol. It looks like the container is quite large for the plant. Try to let the entire container dry out a bit, and if you must give the plant water try to avoid soaking the entire pot, just feed it directly where the ivy is.

What's the humidity in the growing area like? And the temperature? You're probably just fine with the lighting, albeit it could be too much. Also, did you just bring them in from outside? They might be adjusting to their new surroundings if so.. Exposure is west or south? Or?.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here