Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
leekle2mane

One of these days...

... I will learn to label my plants better.

This is... a plant. It is one several varieties of plants I started from seed last spring. I had some horrible luck this past spring getting my seedlings to grow, I lost entire trays of coleus, half my salvias and some other plants as well. The above plant is the only one of its type to survive this long and I have no clue what it is. And not knowing what it is, I don't know where I should put it. Thus far I have been keeping it in Part Shade and I am going to wait until March to put it in-ground so I can better protect it during the cold snaps. I went through my list of purchases, but none really ring a bell. I thought perhaps it was a Stoke's Aster, but the leaves are wrong and my other Stoke's Aster seedlings are still in what I would describe as sprout stage with only 4 leaves. I'm guessing they are spending this first year developing their root system and will put on more foliage next year.

But I digress. This is not a Stoke's Aster and I am having a hard time figuring out just what it is. If anyone has an idea, please let me know.

Thanks.

Oh, and many of the seeds I tried sowing this past spring were native wildflowers, so it could be one of those, but I did also grow some 'exotic' plants too.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath