Posted by amberroses 9b-Pinellas Co. (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 7, 11 at 18:16

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Heart In Hand

• Posted by whgille Oakland FL Zone 9B (My Page) on
    Mon, Nov 7, 11 at 19:31

Amber - Hearts are my absolute favorites! Is that Orange 117? If it is is one of the best.
I use them to make a tomato sauce, I like them better than paste tomatoes because they are rich and meaty. I just made some this morning because they don't have a long shelf life like other tomatoes.
I am growing this season German Red Strawberry, Monokahs Hat, Anna Russian and Brad's Blackheart.
I have visitors this week and I will be making pumpkin/sausage lasagna with the hearts tomato sauce.

Silvia

o

You have a good eye for tomatoes Silvia. It is indeed Orange 117. I've only grown one other heart tomato, Marek's Pointy Heart, and I really liked that one too. They are very large. I have seeds set aside to grow German Red Strawberry and Brad's Blackheart in the future. Maybe I'll grow both next season.

o

that is one beautiful tomato.....!

o

WOW! Nice tomato! I've never heard of hearts. Maybe I'll try some too.

o

How in the world did you find my heart?

*snicker* Looks yummy!

Barbie

o

Yum!

o

• Posted by tomncath St.Pete-Z10A-Heat 10 (My Page) on
    Fri, Nov 11, 11 at 15:01

That's a winner Amber, how much did it weigh?

Tom

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here