Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
leekle2mane

Biosphere Wildflowers

Back in October, I went to the Wings and Wildflowers festival. One of the things I picked up was a 'donation packet' of wildflower seeds that were 'generously donated' by Biosphere Consulting. On the tag it only says that it is a mix of 'several species of wildflowers that do very well in Florida'. On the sign at the donation tent where I picked it up for my $2 donation was a poster with 8 flower types included in the packet. The only one I have remembered for sure was the Blanketflower. I think Blazing Star might have been one of the others, but that leaves 6 more flowers that I don't know the name of. I have contacted Biosphere about the seed packet, but they don't seem too inclined to respond to my emails. Looking at their site and fliers, I am guessing this is their 'Purist Mix' listed on the order form as it also has 8 types, but I can not find a list of what is contained in this mix.

So... having said all that, I don't suppose anyone else maybe had visited the Wings and Wildflowers Festival and also picked up this packet? Or perhaps has ordered the Purist Mix from Biosphere? I have managed to identify the Blanketflower seeds and separated them from the mix into their own envelope, but I haven't been able to identify the other seeds yet. I did have the bright idea of getting a few of each type to germinate in dixie cups to figure out what each one was, but didn't have a bright enough idea to tape a seed or label on the cups. So even once these grow and bloom, I still won't know what seed they came from :P

Anyways, so there ya go. As always, thank you for any assistance ya'll might be able to give.

Comments (6)