Return to the Florida Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Long time no post....Hi Again!

Posted by crueltyfre Tampa 9a heat 10 s (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 2, 12 at 9:49

Hey everybody, how have you been? Been months since I've been here, glad to see the new changes, wow, loving the edit and photo improvements. Anything else of earth shattering importance I've missed?
Those that knew my situation probably have guessed correctly that dad passed quietly over the summer.
For about a month before, and for many months after that, the garden was ignored, and now it's a mess. Too little rain, too much rain, weeds overgrown, diva plants ignored, etc. It's gone feral, lol. So now I'm feeling like gardening again and my first stop was my favorite group of gardeners...missed you all! Ok, now, out to pull weeds and hack back the shrubs...I know there's a sidewalk out there somewhere.
Lori

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Long time no post....Hi Again!

Condolences to you, Lori, on the passing of your Dad. You did a wonderful job helping him over these past years.

May your garden bless you again soon.

Veronica

o

• Posted by saldut 9-10 st pete, fl (My Page) on
    Sun, Dec 2, 12 at 17:15

Hi Lori- sorry abt. your Dad, he was such a sweetheart, and you are such an Angel to look after him the way you did, my heart goes out to you... this is a good time to work in the garden, cooler and less humid, and it is a healing occupation....keep us posted on what you are up to and welcome back....love, sally

o

Lori I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Your dad was very fortunate to be blessed with your love and help. The garden is a great place to get lost and heal. I have retreated there many times.

o

Welcome back Lori. You did a wonderful thing for your Dad. (((HUGS))) your garden will come back, and it will be good for you, too. Enjoy getting back to it.

Barb

o

• Posted by tomncath St.Pete-Z10A-Heat 10 (My Page) on
    Tue, Dec 4, 12 at 12:09

...You did a wonderful job helping him over these past years.

You sure did, I think we all suspected the reason for your leave. Good to see you back, we missed you.

Tom

o

Oh Lori I'm so sorry about your Dad. He was blessed to have you care for him. You have also been an encouragement to me with my own parents.
I agree with Keiki. My garden is my therapy. Your BC Maikai that you shared with me just finished blooming. I remember being so scared of orchids then.

o

I'm sorry to hear about your Dad. Despite the total lack of rain, it's a nice time to garden now and very peaceful and restorative. God bless you as you make it beautiful again.

o

I am just back myself and sorry to hear the sad news.

o

• Posted by whgille Oakland FL Zone 9B (My Page) on
    Thu, Dec 6, 12 at 9:54

Lori - I hope that you are back gardening to heal your soul. It is never easy to loose a parent, my condolences to you.

Silvia

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here