Return to the Florida Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ID Please

Posted by grega 9/FL (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 3, 11 at 12:01

Just got this seedling plant. Was told it came from what looked like a small tree with reddish orange flowers. The seeds were collected down in Long Boat Key, Florida.
Thank you in advance!
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/GregA7215/MysteryPlant2.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/GregA7215/LastBBQBatchDec2011001.jpg[/IMG]

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ID Please

I'll try this.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/GregA7215/MysteryPlant2.jpg

Here is a link that might be useful: Mystery Plant

o

Too bad you didn't get a pic. of the tree and flowers. Guess we will have to wait till your plant grows up.

o

Yeah, I got a couple of seedlings from a friend who collect seed pods while on vacation.
Time will tell.
Thank you!

o

• Posted by katkin 9b/10a PSLFl (My Page) on
    Sun, Dec 4, 11 at 7:41

Could it be orange geiger?

o

Could it be Orange Geiger Tree (also known as Geranium Tree, Anaconda, Orange Cordia, Scarlet Cordia, Cordia sebestena)?

Here is a link that might be useful: Google Images - Orange Geiger Tree

o
RE: ID Please - Ooops

katkin - excuse me! I didn't see your post as I was still researching at the same time. You beat me to the punch. :)

o

Oh hey - when you embed an image in a post, use < >, instead of [ ] - that's why it didn't work...

o

Sun, Dec 4, 11 at 13:57

No problem Love, great minds think a like. :o)

o

That's it! Too bad I'm in zone 9b. I am getting away with more here than I should be. A 17 year old key lime, multiple crotons, etc. I guess I shouldn't press my luck.
Thank you all for the info.

o

Sun, Dec 4, 11 at 19:15

I was growing it here in Port St Lucie, but I took it out because it seeded everywhere. I still have the yellow geiger growing.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here