Return to the Florida Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Five great Marigolds- Free

Posted by bugbite z9a FL (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 26, 11 at 13:45

Hi,
I am retired and gardening is my hobby.
I am always searching for new varieties that do well in the summer heat. That led into testing new seed varieties for seed developers. I don't get paid but get some new and interesting seeds free.
This year a seed developer asked me to coordinate a trial of 5 varieties of Marigolds for 2012 (I do this for fun, as a volunteer). These really great marigolds are bred for hot, humid climates like ours. I tried 2 of these this year and the flowers were beautiful. If you are interested in trialing these marigolds, I will send the five varieties to you: free seeds; free postage.
I set up a simple little web site (provided by Google) where you will have a page to periodically post brief updates about your results. I set this site up to make things easier for all, since we will have about 15 of us gardeners doing this trial.
An example on one of the marigolds is in the link below. All varieties have big beautiful full blooms like in the picture. Most of these 5 varieties are currently primarily used for commercial flower production.
You will get plenty of seeds, but should have enough room to grow at least 4-5 plants of each.

If you are interested please email me at:
marigolds2012@gmail.com
Thanks,
Bob
Jacksonville

Here is a link that might be useful: Marigold example in trial

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Five great Marigolds- Free

I'll do it with you Bob. I sent you an email and here are the flower beds I'll use. They face east and currently have strawberries and geraniums in them.

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Hi tinael01,
Received your email and everything is set up. You should have an email back from me.
Thanks!
Bob

o

I would love to have some your free marigold seeds! I will plant them in my garden and in some large pots. Sending you an e-mail.

o

Thanks zachey,
I have been receiving a number of emails, but haven't seen yours yet.

marigolds2012@gmail.com

Bob

o

Hi,
Thank you all for contacting me. We should have great representation from Florida in this trial.
I am closing my request. We met our goal for Florida test gardens.
Thanks again,
Bob

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here