Return to the Florida Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Christmas came early, thanks to CoffeeMom

Posted by girlsaylorz9a 10 Ft Lauderdale (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 22, 11 at 15:48

A couple (few) weeks ago Coffee Mom came to visit, with a forest in her car trunk. We unloaded so many beautiful starts from her garden I was overwhelmed. What a tribute to the generosity of gardeners! I have had a great time moving all manner of bromeliads, ferns, you name it, to begin filling the vast bare areas of the yard. As there is no grass behind the privacy fence, it takes alot of plants to fill in where there previously were tender plants (and much-loved pass-alongs, I think). So, I am trying to fill in and with Coffee Mom's generosity, I have a great start on not only filling in, but expanding the variety of hardy plants for our south FL climate.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Randy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Christmas came early, thanks to CoffeeMom

Yep she is a class act.

o

Great! We need photos :)
Marcia

o

That's what gardening is all about. The one thing I miss about my yard is not being able to share plants, but I have given away enough to landscape 5 or 6 yards over the years, so I'm happy.

On the other hand, I've stopped at people's houses to ask about a plant they have and walked away with bags of cuttings, so I've gotten as much as I've received.

I've gone to visit some of the gardeners here and left with my trunk full of plants! I think gardeners are the most giving people in the world.

o

What so nice about this is if yours dies or you change you mind and want some back, you know where to go :)

o

Well thanks guys for your kind words. I'm blushing.
dirtygardener got it right though. I'm just a plantaholic with spares to share. Many of the plants I share I have had passed to me so it keeps the circle going.
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here